Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:54 PM   #1
Super Moderator

alright.. well i didnt get out of the city today like i had hoped.. but i did have a little time to stop by our local park to check out the trees.. the color is just starting to change right now, i am thinking by the end of the week thing will be looking nice.. so i have a trip planned out in the countryside west of town for friday.. hopefully weather will cooperate and i will get some nice landscapes.. anyways, hereis one from the park today.. let me know what you like and dislike
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:01 PM   #2

dustin, that's a keeper! beautiful color, did you play with saturation at all?¬* the road leading into the shot is a nice touch and a good contrast in color to all the foliage/greenery.¬* it's nice to¬* see such a beautiful sky after 8 days of rain!
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 8:49 PM   #3

Wow Dustin! This is beautiful. Nice shot.

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:22 AM   #4
Super Moderator

thanks for the comments!! i am eagerly awaiting autumn's full colors.. and also eagerly await getting out into the countryside for a nice day out in nature!!

julie- this was shot in RAW, had to decrease exposure a bit in conversion, then went to photoshop for a boost in saturation via fredmiranda's velvia vision plugin and a little sharpening.. the original is very colorful as well, but the velvia vision really makes the red's "pop"..

------------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 8:14 AM   #5

thanks for the info dustin, beautiful photo...looking forward to more
Old Oct 17, 2005, 12:42 PM   #6

Very nice photo. I appreciate your photos and the knowledgeable critiques you offer. Many times I can pinpoint what needs to be fixed in a picture, but you can usually go beyond that to suggesting specific techniques to fix the problem. I think I am learning a lot by reading your comments to others.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 4:22 PM   #7

Hey,

I am with you Ladyhawk, I study my own shots and think of things about it and almost think "Dustin will say......." - he really makes you think!

I love this shot. I agree autumn colours are just fantastic! I love the colour of the sky you have against the tree - really really nice... however a comment if I dare.... I am not a huge fan of frames around images - can't really explain why but i have only seen one or two that i think look good. Just my opinion but from history may start something!

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 5:42 PM   #8

a lot of times the frames are good to differentiate the photo from the forum space...especially with darker images. there were a few images i've viewed as well as posted that got lost in the blackness around them, the frame just helps to set the image apart for easier viewing......now if i could only figure out how to do it
Old Oct 17, 2005, 6:02 PM   #9

Very nice. I really don't see anything about it I don't like. Unfortunately the color change around here are quite boring. It goes from green to brown.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 6:02 PM   #10

LadyhawkVA wrote:
Quote:
Very nice photo. I appreciate your photos and the knowledgeable critiques you offer. Many times I can pinpoint what needs to be fixed in a picture, but you can usually go beyond that to suggesting specific techniques to fix the problem. I think I am learning a lot by reading your comments to others.
This comment is as much for Dustin, as well. It's a pleasant experience to catch some free expertise especially whens it's worded in a well meaning knowledgable fashion. I too catch myself checking his pointers, often benefiting from them myself, even tho the remarks refer to other's posts. Very good observation, LH...best regards,

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote