Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:13 PM   #1

comments please ....

Thanks...
Attached Images

pasu_chennai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:05 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i am going to ask you what you think is wrong here... call it an exercise in self-critiquing.. which is also a great learning tool..

--------------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:42 PM   #3

Unlike I believe in postitive constructive criticism. I like the colors of the ducks and how you got a really tight shot of them. I must point out that the blurred parts of the are a distraction. You have got the right idea, and I know that it is hard to shoot low near a river/pond because of the grasses and stuff. Also the lighting can be difficult but because of reflections off the water. Photographing in the elements using what is avaible has its challeges. Good try, I'd like to see a less blurred one, also I noticed the duckling on the far right is cut off. Watch out for that, but it isn't that noticible and it is something that you'll have to train your eye on. Keep taking photos. I agree with Hards80 about a self assessment.
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:38 PM   #4

thanks... for all your comments.. i defenetly got good points thru your comments on all my post's in past two days.....
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:55 PM   #5
Super Moderator

ok, from my first post, i just wanted you to take a look at the photo first and see what you thought before i just went ahead and pointed things out.. if you get to relying on others opinions too much, there is a chance you will stop thinking about your own work... i just encourage everyone to critique themselves first and then see what others have to say and then compare, it is really a great way to learn..

but anyways, the biggest things i have to say is watch out for stuff inbetween you and your subject, as in this case, it can really ruin a shot... also i would have cropped quite a bit off the top and bottom on this one to take out the empty space.. the swamp is not the most attractive backdrop, so the less of it there, the better.. also a little unsharp mask would help.. but by and far the biggest thing here is to watch stuff inbetween you and your shots getting in the way...

--------------------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:31 AM   #6

Thanks Dustin.. those are some valuable advices..

Really appriciate that..