Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 22, 2005, 10:12 AM   #1

Folks, I tried my hands at shooting this flower. Please help on the composition, etc, Kind regards.
Attached Images

Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:22 AM   #2

Hi,

I thought there was an imperfection on the flower until I realised it was an insect! I would say get the insect totally in crystal clear sharp focus or poke it so it flys away... also the flower could be a little sharper. I like close-ups on flowers but to be honest they are "done to death". Try and think of a way to make your macros different!

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:41 AM   #3

definitely a good early macro attempt. i agree about the insect, very distracting.* the good thing about flowers is that they don't move and they don't talk back to you, so take your time and play with angles and compositions and if you can the lighting. while not everything has to be in focus there should be a focal point or something to capture your eye.
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 7:59 PM   #4
Super Moderator

its a little too straight on.. a good attempt, but i think trying out some new angles would work for this one..

--------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 1:56 AM   #5

Thanks Folk for the educative comments. I did realise that insect was annoying to some of the viewers.:-) Nevertheless the criticism are constructive. It is my first macro flower. I understand it is "done to death", but being a complete junior you can only go up the ladder this way, then with time make new "discoveries".

Julies, you will noticelooking at your wing, I thought part ofit was out of focus, that is a problem I have. Kind ofthinkingthat the whole subject has to be in focus. Your comment has cleared the matter for me. Thanks for this little lesson, which I might not have learnt anywhere.

Kind regards.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote