Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:03 PM   #1

This pano contains2 frames stiched together. However, I took 4 shots raw. 2 shots per frame. One light, and one dark. So I stitched both the dark and light sets using the same parameters and bleneded the to EV esposures in elements. I supplemented the quick blend technique by some manual blended. I did some haze removing with the unsharp mask set to 50 radius, 20 amount, 0 threshold. I used +5 flashfill and color saturation boosts in the red and yellow/green especially. As well as boosting the sky alone. This is the final result.

Attached Images

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:15 PM   #2

By the way, The above image looks much brighter here on steves forums than it did in photoshop elements. I found why. In elementes I have full color managment optizied for print on. When I turn this off It becomes bright like the above picture. I am not sure why and I don't know what the difference is. When I resized and saved the above image it was with full color management selected. So why did it come out bright? I haven't noticed this happend before, at least to this exterme. It also appears that I will need to dodge some of the tips of the trees in the right side of the picture since they are darker than the rest (I didn't notice until I saw the lighter output).

This is a screen capture of what it looks like in photoshop elements:

Attached Images

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 4:45 PM   #3

Something is not clicking with the exposure blend. The foreground slope looks to separate, almost pasted.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:06 AM   #4
Super Moderator

the haze and sky are not helping you out here.. so the cloudless, bright day has left your image flat and undersaturated..

-----
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote