Nesting egales in a tree right over our campsite. Couldnt tell if the Male was
just checking us out or on the hunt.

Taken with Minolta / Konica A2 Due to lighting some Photoshop was used to
counter the backlighting.
Attached Images

n1qaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:04 PM   #2

Looks like you had a great opportunity. The eagle lacks any detail, which is not good being it is the subject. The processing also makes the eagle look pasted in.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:19 PM   #3

Widowmaker wrote:
Quote:
Looks like you had a great opportunity. The eagle lacks any detail, which is not good being it is the subject. The processing also makes the eagle look pasted in.
Unfortunately, you can't dial up these flying wonders and request another fly by. Even tho the focus missed the target, I can appreciate the rare chance presented here. Very nice post, better luck next time, for this flyer is one of my all time faves and I am always on the lookout for a shot like this when I am in their territory. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 7:22 PM   #4

I know you wish you had a better shot of this bird but I'll say you did a better job then i did when i saw a bald eagle. He was in the middle of a freeway tearing apart something he caught while cars passed by on both side... But he had a friend standing guard... A lake County Sheriff (Ohio). OF COURSE I HAD NO CAMERA WITH ME ! ! ! So your shot is a lot better then mine, since I didn't have a (**%$^#*$&!!#@) camera...

(didn't have my camera)
dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:33 AM   #5
Super Moderator

ok, i am not buying this one...

you blew this one up from a further off shot, increased size, and then pasted him in his current location didnt you??? he looks to be about a 100-125% crop...

-------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 2:27 AM   #6

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
ok, i am not buying this one...

you blew this one up from a further off shot, increased size, and then pasted him in his current location didnt you??? he looks to be about a 100-125% crop...

-------
dustin

http://www.hardwickphotos.com
ohboy....! I took another look at this after I read Dustin's take. First time I was just quickly blowing thru all the usual stuff in a big hurry. I must confess, I just read the description , glanced at the post and felt a shot of bin there dunn that...because I rarely if ever get a second chance and have blown a lot like this too. H O W E V E R badly my shots have turned out, none of mine have the look of this one, and I am a mite suspicious too now that I compare Dustin's remarks with some of my disappointing eagle/hawk shots. So...can you post the original with N O processing? I am curious to see what you may have done (giving benefit of the doubt) to end up with this result? Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:11 PM   #7

I am with dustin, for one the lighting on the bird and the lighting in the sky doesnt seem to match, overcast day yet there seems to be a good ray of light on his head from the over the rightback side of the photographer. I would like to see the before as well.

Allen
nitroq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:14 PM   #8

Also where were you camping? alot of wires and also street lights? Maybe you camp like I do though ;-). Marriott or Hilton only!
nitroq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:17 AM   #9

The last part of the copyright logo saysalot!Bigfoot & a UFO would be a nice addition.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:21 AM   #10
Super Moderator

haha... i just caught that... nice eye stevedak!
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote