Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:52 AM   #1

I was at Arkansas and happened to drop by the dimaond field and realized that they actually shut down the actual mine, and all the big diamond that's actually worth something are all taken. Comments please
Attached Images

b00st4ddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:12 AM   #2

building is to dark. Scene was exposed using the value of the sky. Try spot metering on the subject, or you can shot at different exposures and blend them.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:32 AM   #3

Good advice from VAtechtigger, in the meantime, Shadow/Highlights in CS brings the shed and trees out pretty good .
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 5:23 PM   #4

and crop more from the left ... ....and try to give it a nice perspective by shooting varios angles...it would be a great help a wide angle lense.
mad_grll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 5:59 PM   #5

thanks for all the advices ^^ i am a newb. could you explain spot metering for me? totally forgot about taking different shots at different angles. again, great advices!!
b00st4ddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 6:35 PM   #6
Super Moderator

spot metering take a meter reading (exposure reading) from a small area usually linked to your autofocus point or the center point.. this would allow you to expose for certain objects in your shot..

the only problem with spot metering on the barn here would have been it would have blown the sky completely leaving the sky pretty ugly..

i would have taken two shots, one exposed for the sky and one exposed for the barn and blended them in PS.. this may be above your skills as a newb.. but something to look into in the future.. right now, i think you can save the photo with a little shadow/highlights adjustment..

your composition is a little too centered as well.. a wide-angle lens with the barn on a 1/3 would make it loom and be quite interesting if you had a good sky to fill the rest of the frame..

-------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote