Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:58 AM   #11

Hey Dustin, why do you ignore my posts - are they that bad:lol:

JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:28 AM   #12

JohnReid wrote:
Quote:

OHHH ! NOOOO !

This tread is never going to die.... Dustin does't even have to have a picture and the threadbreaths like a monster.

dale

PS: Dustin Why do you ignore him? Are you being bad??? Again... I've got my saturation slider under the mouse now.
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:14 PM   #13
Super Moderator

JohnReid wrote:
Quote:

yes they are... please, try to post something worth commenting on sometime soon.. :blah:
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:16 PM   #14
Super Moderator

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:
JohnReid wrote:
Quote:

OHHH ! NOOOO !

This tread is never going to die.... Dustin does't even have to have a picture and the threadbreaths like a monster.

dale

PS: Dustin Why do you ignore him? Are you being bad??? Again... I've got my saturation slider under the mouse now.
dale....

don't make me bring up your moment with E.S.C...... :G
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:33 PM   #15

I don't post up too many things, because i suffer from low self opinion compaired to something I've seen here, and I always notice Dustin giving advice on photos. In my smugness, i though, "hey! who's this guy to be telling everyone whats better!?!".

Then I went to his website...

Sorry Dustin... I was wrong on that one... your photos are absolutely amazing... you know what the hell you're talking about.
Luxowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:36 PM   #16

I'm beginning to think this is going to be the longest living post in in history. 100 years from now someone is going to post here.

"I knew Dustin and he was a heck of guy."

dale

PS: Dustin and I have been teasing each other lately, but if it weren't for Dustin, good pictures would slide down to nowhere with NO COMMENTS! If someone post a serious attempt at photography he's the guy who offers the advice to make the next one out of the camera even better.

Why should we post comments ??? If your are not posting comments on pictures you are cheating yourself out of hardwiring your brain to make better pictures. Just because you haven't been serious until recently or you just got here to "Steve's" does not mean you can't make an observation that can help someone improve their technique. If they go down to oblivion with nothing... Nothing is learned by anyone.. You ... Me... EVEN DUSTIN ! ! ! And that's what startedthiswhole thing; post not getting the comments they deserve.

SO ! I want everyone to go back to Critiques and post.. ON MY PICTURES! Or the saturation is gonna get ugly.
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:47 PM   #17
Super Moderator

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:

SO ! I want everyone to go back to Critiques and post.. ON MY PICTURES! Or the saturation is gonna get ugly.
LOL Dale:blah:
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:42 PM   #18

Hi Dale, You hit on a very good point. Some of uswho are new to this forum, and to DP as a whole,might feel a little hesitant to comment on imagespostedby the experienced photographers such as Dustin & yourself. Not that we don't want to, but rather that we don't feel qualified to - and we don't want to appearignorant or worse, arrogant.

But having said that, your post has made me re-think the whole process and I can see that there is room anda need for the comment of all concerned, whether it is 'informed' or not. Thanksfor putting this into perspective.

As I've said before, the comments & honest criticism of people like you & Dustin are of huge value to those of uswho are still taking our first hesitant steps in this great hobby.I will certainly comment in future when I feel I have something constructive to add even if it is a simple 'do or don't like it' (with reasons of course!)....which brings me to your lousy profile/ID photo!:-):-):-)
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:32 PM   #19

Hey Dustin

i look foward to your comments and you have helped me become a much better photographer (if u can call it tht). Your commentsd are always consturctive and make a huge impact on the overall look of the image. You always seem to check up on the changes i hve tried to make to address your advice.

Every pic u have suggested changes on have come out far better than i could ever expected.

I also enjoy your honesty and straight to the point gut feelings. Saves beating around the bush

cheers for all the comments and me too, i have no idea wat you are talking about with your post ????????

Apology accepted, no start repsonding darn it LOL

cheers Dustin

KEN,
aucks, NZ
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 7:11 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Steve - what what??? you don't like my I.D. picture.. thats ok, i didnt take that one :blah: oh yea.. thanks for the kind words man..

Ken- i think that right now maybe 2 of us know the original reason of the post.. but thats ok.. thanks for your kind words as well!!

now lets all sit in a circle and sing kumbaya (sp??)