Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:30 AM   #1

its been a while since i posted on here. i am back and ready to contribute again.

anyway, i shot this a while back. originally in color. i converted to black and white and tweaked contrasts in different areas of the photo.
my never ending quest to get create a decent black and white within its range.

-bert

[img]i%20shotthis%20a%20while%20ago%20in%20color.%20%20 after%20several%20%20minutes%20editing.%20%20%20he re%20it%20is.[/img]

berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:09 PM   #2

My personal preference when there is no specific subject would be color. That too outdoor subjects like this one. I would love to see the color version too. Please post if possible.

also the small bush on the right side of the road kinda spoils the picture. A more even field on either side of the road will add to the photo.

either the contrast orcolor saturation in uneven between the left half of the fotoand the right half Rather the field leftto the road appears a bit yellowish, while the field to the right side of the road appears a bit greenish

SVB

nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 5:06 PM   #3
Super Moderator

for me, it needs a little more i think.. i like the perspective but am left wanting more.. and its a bit noisy in the sky area.. and could use a little sharpening..

----------

dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:40 PM   #4

Wow I am on memory lane tonight. This reminds me of growing up back home in Hawai'i on Kau'ai. I lived near the sugar cane fields and the road reminds me of my days as a young'un running up and down the dirt road.

I appreciate the post as it evokes emotion for me that brings back fond memories.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:06 AM   #5

hi SVB

thanks for stopping by and having a look. i'm still in the learning stage of photography hopefully will always be constantly learning.

there were some questions i have with your comment. i hope you can explain.

" the small bush on the right side of the road kinda spoils the picture. A more even field on either side of the road will add to the photo."

when i took this photo. i was mainly thinking" contrast". contrast with the scene. there's a mountain, trees to the right and an open field to the left. i figure it would be boring if it was just open space.

"either the contrast orcolor saturation in uneven between the left half of the fotoand the right half Rather the field leftto the road appears a bit yellowish, while the field to the right side of the road appears a bit greenish"

what do you mean by, yellowish or greenish"? i am curious.

thanks again for the critique. i do learn from all of them.

SVB

berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 7:10 AM   #6

How does this rule of thirds go?
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote