Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:10 PM   #11

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
Really nice colours Dale - er, um, er ....... what are the white streaks anyway? (They look suspiciously like the hair my Jack Russel terrier deposits on the couch:-))

Just been out trying to capture lightning (photographically and nearly literally) so I do appreciate the night shot - I've got a lot of practice still to doon that one.

Steve
They are border collie hairs from our dog named Inde. (Border collies are tall jack russels with longer hair)

NO! Those are two jet aircraft that got in the way so i had to shot'em. I did see them in frame and i directed the shot that way to "Get'm in". They were not there at the same time but in two different frames of thirty seconds each.

I have been trying to get lighting for years to no avail. My wife and daughter try to stop me every time. We have tall trees everywhere around here so it hard to get a good view without getting in the car and going some place. My wife thinks it's suicidal tendencies. I wish you luck catching it with your camera but but not literally.

Thanks for your comments.
dale

PS: Dustin:blah:

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:30 PM   #12

You actually get the Aurora Borealis in Ohio? I have been to Alaska during the summer months but know in the winter time up there they have it. When does it usually occur in Ohio? I am in NY and would take a drive out there if I didn't miss any of it yet?
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:51 PM   #13

Geminichild wrote:
Quote:
You actually get the Aurora Borealis in Ohio? I have been to Alaska during the summer months but know in the winter time up there they have it. When does it usually occur in Ohio? I am in NY and would take a drive out there if I didn't miss any of it yet?
I heard people say they have seen better but not me. Not even close. This was the result of a huge solar storm that hit earth that day. It lasted between 45 min. to an hour. There were aurora for several days but not at this intensity. I only got to see about a half hour. The longer my eyes had to adjust the better it looked. But the camera did saturate the red more then the eyes saw. But as you can see in the picture the whites and lights are normal. You can even make out the Pleiades at the bottom of the right most jet streak. Somewhere around the top of that streak one of those dots maybeAndromeda, the only naked eye visible galaxy.

I forgot to say that this aurora was visible as far south as Florida ! ! ! Now that's a big aurora !

dale
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote