Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:31 PM   #11

I actually really like the first one. To me is shows the downtime and (maybe a little symbolic here) the lonliness of the refs during the game nicely. I think refs are sometimes treated with disrespect and could occasionally get lonely on the sidelines during downtime, and the first shot (I think) catches it well.

I agree that the second shot is too busy, and while the first shot kind of made a statement, the third doesn't do that much for me.

I also agree that the title of this thread is wrong for the photos as well.
BrianSkibinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:38 PM   #12

Sorry the critique wasn't too you're liking. But when you bump your post because no one is responding, you should probably expect people didn't find it interesting. I'd be the first to say my opininions don't represent everyone elses - but photography is art and thus is completely subjective (as far as what is interesting).
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:52 PM   #13

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
But when you bump your post because no one is responding, you should probably expect people didn't find it interesting.
That's why.

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:22 AM   #14

excuse me for trying to get some feedback. a simple "these photos are boring and uninteresting" the first time would have sufficed. i feel like i get such an attitude from several people on this board. maybe i'm the ass here but i think we can drop the 'tudes for the sake of not bickering back and forth which is popular on this forum.
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:53 AM   #15

Quite right Mike, you tell them,

Here I've bumped this back up for you.... and why not.

About the photographs. I would have been more excited to critique any reportage photographs you may have provided on the game. Unfortunately there is very little of that on here, plus I'm sure it wouldn't be popular. I agree this set is a little low on photographic interest no matter what sporting persuasion you happen to be. Tend to agree with the more helpful advice presented thus far, no need for me to comment further. On the plus side your shots are nicely exposed and focused.
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:09 AM   #16

I don't care for the black and white ones. I think the last one, since you are shooting a tall subject, would have worked out better full length using a vertical pano type crop.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote