Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:03 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Yup. No denying it. The edits blew'em outa the park. Home run for sure. (Was that Dustin's suggestion?:! Good call...

Kd

Sure was.... I look forward to the day when I can see things like that myself so that I don't need to ask for advice.
you will get there man.. just keep shooting and posting and of course looking at other posts.. much to be learned doing these things.. and soon you will be giving the advice
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:43 AM   #12

i'm still learning so if you can explain to me what do you mean when you say bulb expose?... and how cover the lens between bursts?<br>
TICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:52 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Bulb is a setting that allows the shutter to stay open for as long as the release is pressed (remember to use a remote shutter release for this otherwise everything will get very messy). Then all I did in between bursts was to cover the front of the lens with a black glove (which I just happened to be wearing to keep me warm) and then remove it again when the next set of fireworks went up. This allows for more fireworks to be layered over the top of each other.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:50 AM   #14

Then all I did in between bursts was to cover the front of the lens with a black glove (which I just happened to be wearing to keep me warm) and then remove it again when the next set of fireworks went up. This allows for more fireworks to be layered over the top of each other.

Hi Mark,

So all you did was keep the shutter wide open for as long as your camera would allow..??

With the Fireworks (Blue,Red and White) How did you get Multi Layers to work..??

Trying to understand what you meant.!!
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:55 AM   #15
Super Moderator

That's right, in the 2nd image this is one exposure but with 3 parts (red, green, blue) taken one after the other by covering the lens in between while the shutter was open.

So in other words, green fireworks go up and at this point open the shutter. From this point on the shutter remains open until the end of the process. Next cover the front of the lens. When next fireworks go up eg blue then remove the cover again. Once enough ofthat colouris captured then cover the lens again. Now for the red and then close the shutter at the end..... there you have it.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:58 AM   #16

Great..!! did'nt realise you could do that..
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:01 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Yep as the fireworks are very bright in comparison to the background. Just remember to use a remote release so you don't shake the tripod.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:09 PM   #18

Will do...Hurry-up November 5th....Lol
Old Jan 5, 2007, 5:04 AM   #19

nice shots mate

and yea dustins suggestions nailed it. nice application

havent heard from dustin in a long while

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote