Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:51 AM   #1

due to the high noise of the z3 this one look too overprocessed...
Attached Images

mad_grll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2005, 8:02 AM   #2

I'm not very experienced with portraits, but I'll give my opinion Maybe those with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong. Personally, I'd like to see this more from above, though still not looking directly down on the subject. If you took a step to the right so that you have one leg each side of the subject, and then shoot from the left like you did, the result would be better... not a great explanation, but the best I can do!

I think that the framing at the moment is somewhat disjointed, and that the subject is kind of 'out of the way' at the bottom of the photo, and there's a lot of background leaves at the top.

Also, I think a slightly more full-face framing would increase the 'interaction' of the subject with those looking at the photograph, because both eyes would be visible.

I like the post processing you've done on it; I think it works well with the leaves and black jumper/coat to give a truly wintry feel to the portrait.

Again, I'm no expert on portraits, but that's how the photo 'feels' to me.

Best,

-Ben
oBSidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 8:11 AM   #3

I can't quite pinpoint why but the subject is coming off as pasted in. The clothing is also completely black so you have no shape there. I do like the idea though.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 1:22 PM   #4
Super Moderator

i really like the feel of this shot.. and i love her expression, it works perfectly within this shot to give it the mood you were after..

a couple things would help though..

- a different colored jacket, you lose too much detail in the black and it does not flow well with the rest of the shot..

-sharpen the eyes and lips..

otherwise, i like this shot!!

----------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 3:08 PM   #5

There is a no can do...I've already sharpened the eyes...but after getting ridd of the noise i don't have enough detail to work with. Thanks Minolta for this beautifull camera
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:10 PM   #6

I would prefer a tighter crop on this one. Perhaps a small thin line border for those that use this forum with a black background would help it a bit.

I will say that I see some pictures in a different way based on the background supporting it for viewing.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:10 PM   #7

Too quickie on the clickie.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:26 PM   #8

mad_grll wrote:
Quote:
There is a no can do...I've already sharpened the eyes...but after getting ridd of the noise i don't have enough detail to work with. Thanks Minolta for this beautifull camera
mad_grll,

This is a taste thing. I like it for its uniqueness but can't help see it as a CSI scene.
There's gotta be two cops just out of frame putting on rubber gloves talking about how beautiful she WAS...

Maybe a better camera would leave more detail (of course it would) and she would
look less.. You know... I'll use the word "pale". Dustin's suggestion would also
help. (DidI say that?)

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:58 PM   #9

Thank u man...I'm glad that u've seen it like a CSI. I think it's nice to give different moods...I'm sometimes sick of those studied poses of womens...
Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:03 PM   #10

mad_grll wrote:
Quote:
Thank u man...I'm glad that u've seen it like a CSI. I think it's nice too give different moods...I'm sometimes sick of those studied poses of womens...
Whew! I worried more about this post then any other. I really like your work so keep it up. I kind of wondered if that's what you shooting for.

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote