Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:06 PM   #1

Today I drove a hour to visit the trafalgar lighthouse. I did this photo to the lighthouse and the rest of the IX century tower.
Attached Images

belibeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:55 PM   #2

You are a natural. Beautiful composition and lighting. What camera do you use? Any Post Processing used?
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:09 AM   #3

rduve wrote:
Quote:
You are a natural. Beautiful composition and lighting. What camera do you use? Any Post Processing used?
KM 7D, I use PS 9.0, I don't make anything special.

Thanks for your comments.

Luis M.

Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:41 AM   #4

I like the lighting around the lighthouse but its quite hot on the far right side. My attention is drawn there. I'm not sure I like the composition. Since I'm not there I don't know what options you have. Maybe standing closer to the water so you get a little more of the water and shoreline. You cloning on the bottom left needs some immediate attention. Lots of duplication. My eyes are definitely drawn there.

I noticed you are using a Digital SLR. You need to look into a sensor cleaning. Take a picture of a nice blue sky at around f16 and then look at it on the computer. Here is a darkened version of your shot. The smaller dark spots definitely look like sensor specks. The larger blurs may be something on the lens.

Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 1:12 PM   #5

The composition on this shot is spot on, great work. What focal length did you shoot this at? It appears as through you used a wide angle lens and there is some distortion of light house (itbends to the right).
pic_*ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 2:21 PM   #6

You are right, I used 18mm, then PS to eliminate the distortion.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 2:33 PM   #7

Thank you for your warning, I already realized this problem. I take pictures in the beach with a lot of wind and when changing the lenses the sandhas entered everywhere. I will try to clean it the best as possible.

Luis M.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 11:48 AM   #8

sand is very unkind to cameras, i see some of the technical difficulties here, but my first impression was that this is beautiful, nice light.
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 10:21 AM   #9
Super Moderator

i really like this shot.. the composition is really nice and the lighthouse is lit up from the late sun very nicely.. very pleasing shot..

i agree with the technical critiques given above, but for me they weren't as bothersome in this shot...

as for sensor cleaning.. use a little bulb blower thing to get off the main dirt/sand, and then try using the Eclipse solution with the sensor swabs.. very quick, fairly inexpensive and work every time for me with minimal risk for sensor damage..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:49 AM   #10

Today I have spent the whole morning cleaning my photographic set, included bag. Tomorrow, I will see how good they are.