Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:46 AM   #11

You are right about overprocessing. It is a little too much, I don't like to much "plastic" look but this one was made as my first try to do the skin with filter "noise ninja" as I read somewhere on this forum.
Must keep that in mind for the future one.

Regards and thanks
Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:41 AM   #12

I like your last crop, as to the bottom and right of the photo, but think that you should leave in the picture, and the basket in the left side of the photo.

brian

P.S. for advice and techniques for correcting the colors, try posting in the Extreme Makeover forum.
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:05 AM   #13

I think the majority of the problems with this series of shots (and most of the portraits you've posted lately) is mostly caused by a lack of proper location. To get these decent shots you need some decent backgrounds. It'll save you a LOT of post-processing. Even something as simple as hanging white fabric (maybe a bedsheet or two) behind the subject would save you a lot of cloning work.

The lighting might be the other issue. It looks like a pretty small room but a flash or two would definitly help keep the colors. I noticed your original was pretty warm so I think the flash may be a good idea to help keep color. I think after a lot of cloning and color adjustments it does start gettinga little over-processed. A little more work setting up the shots would avoid a lot of those issues.

As for the crop, I like the pose and look of the last one you posted.

I'm by no means a portrait photographer, but these are just some of my general observations that I think would help the shots quite a bit. Feel free to comment/disagree.
BrianSkibinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:12 AM   #14

I agree with Brian and Dustin. The pose is not bad but a little better setting (background), and better lighting is going to yield a better final product. The colors in your edits appear very muted. You may also try a custom white balance and shoot raw.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:30 PM   #15

Here is another try, where I give to the colors more stronger look as maybe should be (on the previous the colors were reduced as the picture is having lot of shadows, over the face specially).

So, should I choose the previous one or the last one with the stronger colors, is better.

Thanks and
Regards Zak
Attached Images

Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:00 PM   #16

I have been following the several shoots that you have uploaded of this beautiful model..... It seems that she knows how to pose, but in all three shots that I have seen the background has been a problem.... Maybe pay more attention to the background..... In this series that you have in this tread, I would print the very first one that you uploaded...... The last one with the new color does not appeal to me. I would say to stick with the first one..... She is a beautiful and great model..... Please keep on posting and I KNOW that you will get better.... I am anxiously waiting to watch the SUPER progress that you make with her over the next year.......
Bagsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:38 PM   #17

Yah two certainly interests me. I think with these kind of photos the closer the better. In this regard the close crop is definitely good. But like it has been said it is over processed. Actually the photo looks bleached.

Kind regards.

Pat.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:32 AM   #18

Speaking for myself, based on appeal comparison, I'd choose number 2, but a higher crop. I recognize the advice given on backgrounds etc. And that advice would be well served if you heed it in future shots. For this particulair pose, I believe you've done a variety of things well. The model looks indestructable. No matter how many ways you process this pic, tho some resultsare better than others, she still looks great throughout. I would up the color saturation a little in the second one and try a higher crop. You must have put a lot of effort into this already, so my compliments for your persistence and continually inviting our opinions. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:52 PM   #19

First, realy realy thanks for all of your comments and suggestions I appriciate.

This is just to finaly set the point of same issue. Something in between color changing, I had to try some more according to your sugestions. Don't want to bore you anymore. Finaly what does the color saturation changing did. Something or nothing ???

Thanks for good wish
and I hope that in couple of days I will have some new model for shooting and to share the results with you

Regards Zak
Attached Images