Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:53 AM   #1

Once again I try with variationto cropp the same picture in two different way.
Realy intereset toknow how thisvariation influanceon your taste.

Thanks and regards Zak

Attached Images

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:55 AM   #2

Deep dark-green eyes........... make my attention prior to anything else..............:?
Attached Images

Old Nov 28, 2005, 2:32 PM   #3

For me number one is the best.
I find that in shot 2 with the tight crop the hands seem to be in the way and somewhat intrusive. Of course that's just me everyone sees things differently.

Geoff
limeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:53 PM   #4

I like # 1.

I like the pose, her relaxed expression and the girl is beautiful.

My only suggestion is to take care of the background at the shooting moment. I fell distracting the horizontal wood line and the "pot" . Of course, you can clone them out with PS.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:11 PM   #5

And her watch...

I hope you don't mind
Attached Images

msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 1:35 PM   #6

I like her expression very much that is why I put the same picture in two different crops. Like her deep green eyes very much and that's why I made that tight crop of her face only.

The point about the background is true but I think maybe the grey color should be cloned only, not the black one and that is only in order not to lose any detail of the hair. So I think.

But there is no reply considering the colors of her or any other thing then the background...........???

Regards Zak
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:09 PM   #7

square crop

sharpen eyes

clone away distractions

soften hands/arms

Last edited by bernabeu; Jun 27, 2015 at 4:23 PM.
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:33 PM   #8

I think you have other issues to work out before worrying about crops. The lighting is not working for one thing. On this image the tone of the girls face is way different than the rest. This may be the actual case but it does not help the image. This image seems to lack sharpness on the face. I can't tell if this is due to processing or what. It really shows in the second image. The lipstick is waaaaayyy overdone. Her lips actually look glued together.

Work on the backgrounds. Drape a sheet on the wall and let it extend on down out onto the floor and have her lay on it. I said it before but will again. If cannot get studio lighting, try diffusing the lighting you are using now. The defined shadows are a sure sign that it is not.

I think your posing is ok. Your limiting factors are lighting and settings.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:21 AM   #9
Super Moderator

yes, the flat harsh lighting is the biggest issue here for sure.. what is your light source? onboard flash?

if you have the ability to use an auxillery flash, learn to bounce it.. and then tape a card to the top of it to fill some light back in to get the shadows that bounce flash can cause under the nose and eyes.. or use a diffuser like a sto-fen or omnibounce..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 3:48 PM   #10

First, thanks for reply considering the colors and light effect I was wandering if someone will give me the real suggestion where i did wrong.

I had a big problems with light in that room and it was at the bigginning when i have just bought my camera. Anyway, now i have a little time off and want to go back to complete some old pictures for the photo album.

I'm really trying to learn about the light as much as I can. Since it will be hard to improve the photo I decided to try b/w image and sepia image conversion.
The photo was taken in a room from a much bigger distance that it is on the picture and there is the reason of the photo being soft a little and I don't remember about the flash but if I did use it it was built in flash from my camera.

If this is better than the color variation please be so kind to reply me or on the other hand if you dissagree I will have to go back to start doing some color changing.

Thanks and
Ragards
Zak
Attached Images