Attached Images

Bagsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:43 PM   #2

Photo 2
Attached Images

Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:34 AM   #3

You must have certainly taken time to make these shots. I like the these shot for thier composition, the fact that you very close and the colour saturation in the first one. The second seems a bit white washed, I mean the petals. My experience is that when you have two contrasting colours, it is always tricky. Wondering whether spot metering helps in this case.

Great shorts.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 1:57 AM   #4

Love the first one. Very well done. -Dano
goldtop1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:37 AM   #5
Super Moderator

the symmetry and good sharpness works well in the first shot..

the second one is ruined by the bee for me.. it does not add to the flower nor does it stand as a subject on its own.. i think it would have been more appealing sans bee and then maybe a bit of saturation boost to the petals..

but i do appreciate the thought that went into these compositions..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:08 PM   #6

Aumma45 -- Thank you very much... Yes, it took me a while to wait for a bee to land on the flower that I focused on.... Yes the pedals are washed out a little on the second one. I wish that I was advanced enough and had the time to work it in PS....

Dano -- Yes, it is a favorite of mine also.... It was the perfect day to take this shot.. I used a tripod and a ladder because the sun flower was tall... I held the stem because the flower was so tall that it was not so stable... One thing that I think helped the shot was that I used natural light.... the sun was also backlighting the flower....

Dustin -- First off when you say that you like a photo, that really means alot to me, because I respect your critical point of view... When you say that you like a shot, I know that I have achieved something. That is not to say that I do not respect other peoples comments, it is just that you are a hard customer.... that is knows how to correctly tell exactly how you feel about something ( even if it is not what the photographer was wishing to hear..... I feel that with people like you commenting on the photos is a great way to get better...... You tell us when we do good and you tell us when we do not so good..... :-)

I just feel that the flower alone is a little plain, although it is a beautiful flower..... The bee just so happened to be in a great place for good composition...

Could someone boost up the pedals for me witha little color ?????????

Thank you for the comments.