Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:45 PM   #1

Chrystal face surrounded by glass, set on glass...lit by candle. Just couldn't resist shooting this to see what would happen. ....comments/critique?...Anyone?
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:27 AM   #2
Super Moderator

its kind of creepy looking..

i think the myriads of highlights in all the crystal tend to make it a bit on the busy side.. i think the crystal face could be a good subject.. but i am thinking it would look nice on a plane seemless backdrop with some nice sidelighting to emphasize the forms and draw some interesting shadows.. and in mono to keep the simple study in form..

but then again, i tend to prefer things simple, so others may disagree..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 2:27 PM   #3

Hi,

I agree with Dustin here very busy looking. I am not sure if I like the face sculpture or thestem of the glass but the reflection is kick a$$... Maybe a simple shot of the reflection could work? Also I think a plain background - that is potentially what is crowding this image?

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:19 PM   #4

Thanks folks...I am going to redo this shot. I was imagining a complimentary sort of image relationship between the face and glass objects around it, since the face is carved in chrystal. But the image doesn't really look related as well as I'd hoped. The glass surrounding the face doesn't project as such because it picks up the color from the background. I will try to redo the shot with either a simple dark background or for comparison a white one. Without the candle sticks this time. Best regards, and thanks,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote