Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:04 AM   #11

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for feedback dale, doesnt make a diff if ur qualified or not, ur feedback is well noted.
Quote:
cheers

KEN
aucks, NZ
OK... And as you know already... You are a lucky dude...

BTW... It would of been better with the BMW... You should buy her one.

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:52 AM   #12

The pose is good but there is to much weight being placed on her left arm so its pushing her shoulder up and making it and the upper arm look larger. Seeing all of her left arm only makes me think this pose could look better if more of her right arm was visible in some manner, like maybe her hand in front of her on her stomach or on her right hip. I see a hint of the right arm but its getting swallowed up by the background so is practially not there. The perspective does begin to look odd when you look at the chair and it may also be adding the the size of the upper arm.

I like the conversion and lighting and the pose in general. Tweak the pose a little and change your shooting height or distance to take care of the perspective and it will be much improved.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:52 AM   #13

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:
kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for feedback dale, doesnt make a diff if ur qualified or not, ur feedback is well noted.
Quote:
cheers

KEN
aucks, NZ
OK... And as you know already... You are a lucky dude...

BTW... It would of been better with the BMW... You should buy her one.

dale

thanks mate, and she loves thebmw z4, but i still havent won lotto here is NZ yet, first on my list aye :roll:

thanks again

KEN
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:56 AM   #14

Widowmaker wrote:
Quote:
The perspective does begin to look odd when you look at the chair and it may also be adding the the size of the upper arm.

I like the conversion and lighting and the pose in general. Tweak the pose a little and change your shooting height or distance to take care of the perspective and it will be much improved.

Thanks for feedback widow i always look foward to your input. i see what you mean about the pose and i will have to look into it, this photo shot was actually a quick 5 min play around after we found this dress in a market. so wasnt really any planning in it. But valuable learning for the next attempt

Conversion and lighting is the same as always but i tried some of the techniques you have taught in other forums to try balance tones and lighting etc.

And yea i can see now that i really want to eliminate tht perspective that everyone is talking about tht i woulndt in a million years have picked up on

thanks again

KEN
Aucks, NZ
Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:18 PM   #15
Super Moderator

i like the conversion and the overall feel to this one.. like others have mentioned, its natural and relaxed.. which can sometimes be the benefit of photographying loved ones as they are already comfortable with you (at least you hope..hehe)..

but i have to agree with the perpective, it gives it a bit of an odd look to it.. if possible shoot with your lens somewhere in the 75-100mm (equivelent) focal lenght.. that should negate any perspective problems..

also, is her arms really that much darker than her legs or is that due to the lighting here?

-d
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:16 PM   #16

Nice shot. All has been said. But seems to me to be soft too.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 4:28 AM   #17

thanks for all the feedback guys this is relaly good stuff

and its about time dustin, was beginning to lose hope. And yea i see what everyone is talking about the perspective bit.

What sort of height should i have the cam at on tripod when i do this type of shot. Like head height etc???????

Also what would really be the best f-stop to use for this sorta photo

and yea the darkened arm is my cheap nasty lighting with desk lamps again :?

thanks
KEN
Aucks, NZ
Old Dec 14, 2005, 5:30 AM   #18

Depends on who's head height your talking about.... :blah:

And the kind of shot you want...
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 5:48 AM   #19

Umm i mean if i wanted to achieve a balanced look like keeping the body in proportion. should i position the cam at the subjects head height etc

cheers

ken
Old Dec 14, 2005, 5:57 AM   #20

Makes sence... or slightly lower for full body. Tip model head downwards so as not to shoot up nose.
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote