Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14, 2005, 4:09 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Widowmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 851
Default

In this shot I would shoot around chest level and also try to be on the same plane. This shot is difficult to tell if the perspective is coming from the lens used, your shot height, etc... It almost looks like you stood up on something and shot slightly down.

The lens could do this as well. If you shoot wide angle and move in close you might get this effect.

This shot is by no means a blunder. Its really nice it just needs some tweaking. Your lighting looks good except the balance from top to bottom as Dustin pointed out.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 4:05 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
kenmck15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,568
Default

Widowmaker wrote:
Quote:
In this shot I would shoot around chest level and also try to be on the same plane. This shot is difficult to tell if the perspective is coming from the lens used, your shot height, etc... It almost looks like you stood up on something and shot slightly down.

The lens could do this as well. If you shoot wide angle and move in close you might get this effect.

This shot is by no means a blunder. Its really nice it just needs some tweaking. Your lighting looks good except the balance from top to bottom as Dustin pointed out.

thank widow i will look into everything mentioned by urself and the other to try to develop me limited skills



thanks again for all your input



cheers

KEN
Aucks, NZ
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 3:31 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,724
Default

I'd say the posture and the facial expression go hand in hand. She looks a bit tense, but it suits her facial expression. The pose is quite appealing. I'd like to see her in a different, more relaxed pose, with a less rigid posture, maybe smiling...very nice looking young lady, and she has a very photogenic look about her for sure. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 4:43 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Will.Blaschko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 176
Default

*shrug* red dress.
Attached Images
 
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:09 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
kenmck15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,568
Default

thank you for the kind comments and feedback.

also i am in the process of trying a mix of black and white and color and see how it pans out.



thanks again



cheers

ken
aucks, nz
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:30 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
Default

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:
This is a nice shot... But the pose looks (just a tad) uncomfortable.



dale

I agree -the pose looks very awkward and unnatural: the girlIS very attractive but doesn't look at ease or happy and as said elsewhere she seems to be getting smaller towards her feet!!:roll:
colliewalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:43 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
kenmck15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,568
Default

colliewalker1 wrote:
Quote:
thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:
I agree -the pose looks very awkward and unnatural: the girlIS very attractive but doesn't look at ease or happy and as said elsewhere she seems to be getting smaller towards her feet!!:roll:

Umm i dunno i just thought the shot would look weird having a big smile, i tried to create a more moody image with the grainy black and white to suit the look, i obviously didnt pull that off. I do have smiley shots but nothing i would consider editing and posting.



cheers for feedback

KEN
aucks, NZ
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 6:10 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
Default

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
colliewalker1 wrote:
Quote:
thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:
I agree -the pose looks very awkward and unnatural: the girlIS very attractive but doesn't look at ease or happy and as said elsewhere she seems to be getting smaller towards her feet!!:roll:
Quote:


Umm i dunno i just thought the shot would look weird having a big smile, i tried to create a more moody image with the grainy black and white to suit the look, i obviously didnt pull that off. I do have smiley shots but nothing i would consider editing and posting.



cheers for feedback

KEN
aucks, NZ
Quote:
Hi Ken -
Quote:
I'm not at all experienced in portrait photography, but you might like to look at a portrait ( a painting but I don't think that matters) at http://www.fineoilportraits.com/woman/images/w.3q.5.jpg
Quote:
I like the relaxed pose AND smile here - what do you think.
Quote:
Cheers -
Quote:
Denis, Cheshire,UK.
colliewalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 6:40 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
JohnReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 734
Default

Hi Ken, I know this is way OT, but I'm very curious...what is the market like in NZ for landscape/wildlife photography? Is it possible to do that sort of shooting for a living there?
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 8:38 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
kenmck15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,568
Default

JohnReid wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ken, I know this is way OT, but I'm very curious...what is the market like in NZ for landscape/wildlife photography? Is it possible to do that sort of shooting for a living there?

hey john

there is definately a vast array of amazing wild life and scenery in New Zealand and im sure you would get some fanatastic shots here. most of the artistic people (In auckland anyways) hang out on waiheke island where the wildlife is awesome and it looks right into auckland city on one side and out to the ocean on the other. the beaches are amazing there and artists and photographers seem to call it home.



in reference to making a living with photography in NZ im not to sure about that
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.