Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 14, 2005, 4:09 PM   #21

In this shot I would shoot around chest level and also try to be on the same plane. This shot is difficult to tell if the perspective is coming from the lens used, your shot height, etc... It almost looks like you stood up on something and shot slightly down.

The lens could do this as well. If you shoot wide angle and move in close you might get this effect.

This shot is by no means a blunder. Its really nice it just needs some tweaking. Your lighting looks good except the balance from top to bottom as Dustin pointed out.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 4:05 PM   #22

Widowmaker wrote:
Quote:
In this shot I would shoot around chest level and also try to be on the same plane. This shot is difficult to tell if the perspective is coming from the lens used, your shot height, etc... It almost looks like you stood up on something and shot slightly down.

The lens could do this as well. If you shoot wide angle and move in close you might get this effect.

This shot is by no means a blunder. Its really nice it just needs some tweaking. Your lighting looks good except the balance from top to bottom as Dustin pointed out.

thank widow i will look into everything mentioned by urself and the other to try to develop me limited skills

thanks again for all your input

cheers

KEN
Aucks, NZ
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 3:31 AM   #23

I'd say the posture and the facial expression go hand in hand. She looks a bit tense, but it suits her facial expression. The pose is quite appealing. I'd like to see her in a different, more relaxed pose, with a less rigid posture, maybe smiling...very nice looking young lady, and she has a very photogenic look about her for sure. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 4:43 PM   #24

*shrug* red dress.
Attached Images

Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:09 PM   #25

thank you for the kind comments and feedback.

also i am in the process of trying a mix of black and white and color and see how it pans out.

thanks again

cheers

ken
aucks, nz
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:30 AM   #26

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:
This is a nice shot... But the pose looks (just a tad) uncomfortable.

dale

I agree -the pose looks very awkward and unnatural: the girlIS very attractive but doesn't look at ease or happy and as said elsewhere she seems to be getting smaller towards her feet!!:roll:
colliewalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:43 AM   #27

colliewalker1 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree -the pose looks very awkward and unnatural: the girlIS very attractive but doesn't look at ease or happy and as said elsewhere she seems to be getting smaller towards her feet!!:roll:

Umm i dunno i just thought the shot would look weird having a big smile, i tried to create a more moody image with the grainy black and white to suit the look, i obviously didnt pull that off. I do have smiley shots but nothing i would consider editing and posting.

cheers for feedback

KEN
aucks, NZ
Old Dec 21, 2005, 6:10 AM   #28

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
colliewalker1 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Umm i dunno i just thought the shot would look weird having a big smile, i tried to create a more moody image with the grainy black and white to suit the look, i obviously didnt pull that off. I do have smiley shots but nothing i would consider editing and posting.

cheers for feedback

KEN
aucks, NZ
Quote:
Hi Ken -
Quote:
I'm not at all experienced in portrait photography, but you might like to look at a portrait ( a painting but I don't think that matters) at http://www.fineoilportraits.com/woman/images/w.3q.5.jpg
Quote:
I like the relaxed pose AND smile here - what do you think.
Quote:
Cheers -
Quote:
Denis, Cheshire,UK.
colliewalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 6:40 AM   #29

Hi Ken, I know this is way OT, but I'm very curious...what is the market like in NZ for landscape/wildlife photography? Is it possible to do that sort of shooting for a living there?
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 8:38 PM   #30

JohnReid wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ken, I know this is way OT, but I'm very curious...what is the market like in NZ for landscape/wildlife photography? Is it possible to do that sort of shooting for a living there?

hey john

there is definately a vast array of amazing wild life and scenery in New Zealand and im sure you would get some fanatastic shots here. most of the artistic people (In auckland anyways) hang out on waiheke island where the wildlife is awesome and it looks right into auckland city on one side and out to the ocean on the other. the beaches are amazing there and artists and photographers seem to call it home.

in reference to making a living with photography in NZ im not to sure about that