Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 16, 2005, 5:53 AM   #1

this was taken in riyadh saudi arabia... what do you think guys...:roll:comment are welcome.

scorpion
Attached Images

scorpionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2005, 6:16 AM   #2

Hey Fish......
For me, a wind blown dune "without" tire tracks would have been much better...
Living at the beach, I always try to find the dunes without people tracks...Good shot though...I never realized that part of the desert had the mountains...I thought it was all sand...:G
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 6:45 AM   #3

i cant imagine if this are playing or fighting to the sand.... dunno what i can tell about this guys hehehehe anyone have any idea what he's doing here?

jhon thanks for the comment i am trying to get another pics of dunes without car track... thanks

scorpionfish
Attached Images

Old Dec 17, 2005, 3:30 AM   #4

Hi,

I really like that second pic with the boy throwing the sand up in the air... great catch. Shame you cut his feet off the bottom of the shot!

But otherwise really

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 3:43 PM   #5
Super Moderator

the first shot i like! the tire tracks, yea thats too bad.. but its got a good interesting foreground with the texture of the dunes and you managed to catch some mountains peeking out behind the dune.. very nice touch.. and the color looks great..

the second shot i like as well.. its too bad you chopped off the feet.. but still a dynamic fun shot!

keep it up my friend,
-d
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:51 PM   #6

thanks guys for appreciation and comment, i really learn a lot to this forum i am really proudof my three monthsstudying in photography most of it i learn from here... from those comment from you guys is a big factor to me.... thanks a lot folks

scorpion
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:51 PM   #7

Put back those feet. Otherwise overall very pleasing.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:26 PM   #8

sorry folks i could'nt put back as it is...

i use 70-300 mm nikkor lens, where in the middle in desert and i am affraid to change my lens, dust dust might damage my gear, as you can notice the dust mark in my sensor right side of my pic. it happen one time when i change my lens. i didn't expect that shot when i saw my friend trowing the sand, i tell them to repaet it again so that i can get a shot. i really want to change the wide angle before that shot but i confuse.

anyhow i learn from my mistake specially to this shot, i'll try to repeat that shot in wide angle lens ang see what i can get. i will post it here again soon i have one. :|

sorry for the missing feet, folks'' i really dont expect to get good response from you guys, i really thanks a lot

thanks for you appreaciation ang comment.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:29 PM   #9
Super Moderator

what is the point of having camera equipment if you are afraid to use it.. so what if you get a little dust on the sensor.. blow it off and then run sensor swab over it.. its not going to ruin your camera.. its good to take care of your equipment, but this paranoia to use dslrs in all but the best of conditions is taking that too far.. i think if you saw some pros work with their cameras you all would be scared to death.. :lol:

-d
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 12:09 AM   #10

dale i agree with you... i saw some pros phtotographer how they deal with thier camera... but they have no choice the camera is thier bread, for me its just my hobbies. :blah:dale i got your point thnxs for replying

scorpion