Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 1, 2006, 7:38 AM   #1

FIRST, HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR EVERY-ONE AND WISHING YOU GOOD HEALTH WITH LOTS OF PHOTOS IN 2006.

I just try this for the first time and also something different from a regular people or portrait photo.:idea:

Hope that you will give me your point of view...suggestions or critiques.

Regards Zak
Attached Images

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2006, 9:26 AM   #2

Well done! I like it!

Could you give an easy to follow workflow (that I could follow, it will need to be simple lol) to try for myself? And when taking the pics did you have to make sure the exposures were the same?
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:35 AM   #3

Very well done. For me, there's too much shadow on the face of the right-hand portrait but I think maybe I'm just being picky. I like it.
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:23 PM   #4

Great pics, how did you do this one? The eye of the Lady on the right have shadows. Did you use some fill in flash Zak? Like Shadows, I would love to know the techniques involved.

Thanks.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 4:26 PM   #5

Super, Zak. You are definitely getting the lighting right now. Good poses, and a very nice composition. maybe just a touch too much shadow on the right side of the face of the right hand shot, but I am only saying that to keep from giving all praise. :-)

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 5:51 PM   #6

I did a little shadow changing on the right one but I don't know if it is enought or should I reduce a little bit more. See the photo....:|

Considering the tehnigue I can say that there is no tehnigue. I just pick two photos that I thought it could be good to join and use a leyers in PSD, Ofcourse I did pay attention to the light and colors to be similar.

I did not use any fill in flash and I almost never do because my fill in flash from camera give me very flat images so I use the the lights from electrical source.

I'm not sure about the color of the skin. Is it maybe too light. I ask myself should the color of the skin be more darker or to have more warmer colors like red...:?

I'm glad you like it.....

Regards Zak
Attached Images

Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:56 PM   #7

Thanks Zak for the infor. The edit is must improved in the aspects I had pointed out. Keep posting. This kind of photography is interersting.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:04 AM   #8

Maybe this starts to be "bore-ing" but I did just a lilttle more of distroying the undereyes shadows, and if it is not to much I would finished as it is and send to printing. .
Regards Zak
Attached Images