Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:55 PM   #11

I wanna shot... Shadowlies wakes up "down under" to see we've been chopp'n up his picture, he's gonna be ticked.

Oh well. Here a version with Dustin's suggestions. Except for the time he told me to shove it up my... Well... That was another time.

dale

Attached Images

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:01 PM   #12

i'd leave the relative positions the same, but perhaps close the gap between the moon and the thistle a bit. also, if you can sharpen up and brighten the moon a bit, that would help the illusion of the flower being moon lit.

CD cover? perhaps for PinkFloyd... :G
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 12:24 AM   #13

Everything said I think I would prefer it as it is in the first shot for the simple reason that opposites work well. The size of the moon relative to the plant. There is a certain sense of balance as it were. Relocating any of the subjects simply makes it look artificial. Perhaps the most that should be done is to swing the light side of the moon to face the flower.:-)

Kind regards.

Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:19 AM   #14

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:
Shadowlies wakes up "down under" to see we've been chopp'n up his picture, he's gonna be ticked.

DAMN RIGHT I AM! You can all go to hell in a handbasket for all I care!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

On a serious note, I really do appreciate other people's comments and edit suggestions. I will make a few minor changes later.

What I find interesting though isthe impact that the "void" between the flower and moon has created. Through my eyes it is effective. As the space between the two represents the vast distance that we each may have to search/travel to find what we are looking for and sometimes we find something totally different to what we set out to find.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:45 AM   #15

Here they are the new edits.

1. Revamp of original horizontal

Attached Images

Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:46 AM   #16

2. I think I like this vertical framing.

Attached Images

Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:50 AM   #17

3. The long awaited release of the new hit CD (for those that saw this as a potential CD cover, I did my take)

I actually went with having the moon on the back which causes the viewer to go searching themselves. For me it works, not sure how others feel about it.

Note: To the best of my knowledge all song titles are fictious and any coincidence was unintentional.
Attached Images

Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:38 AM   #18
Super Moderator

i like the vertical edit.. for me it better signifies the distance or expanse of space between the lowly flower and the moon in the night sky.. and in that format, i like the seperation between the two elements.. good job..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:42 AM   #19

Yep... The last vertical.

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 9:15 PM   #20

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
i like the vertical edit.. for me it better signifies the distance or expanse of space between the lowly flower and the moon in the night sky.. and in that format, i like the seperation between the two elements.. good job..

-dustin

Thanks Dustin,

I tried subdueing the lighting on the flower to give it a more natural moonlit effect. In the original the comment that came up was that the flower lighting was not consistant with the moonlighting.

To everyone,

Thanks for you input as always you have assisted me in the learning curve and look forward to posting more and see all your great works as well.

Cheers

PS A big thanks has to go to my daughter Emily (7) who was the genuis who took the print I did and turned it vertically. Which enlighten me to the fact I did an injustice to this photo by going horizontal in the first place.