Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:33 PM   #11

Im curious, what does Chav mean or stand for?
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:42 PM   #12

Hi Tigger,

Do a Google on Chav. There's loads on it.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:02 PM   #13

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

That's the place to go to learn all about the phenomenon of chavs. They're everywhere, likea malignant disease crawling its way across the country. Be sure to check out the Chav Of The Month and How To Spot A Chav sections.
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:03 PM   #14

Having said that, the website doesn't seem to be loading onto my computer properly. Maybe it's run by chavs...
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:03 PM   #15

Hey ISoS,

I think I recognise that skate park, isn't that near the river, just over the bridge from the town center, heading towards Caversham?
If that makes sense :?
I think theres also a BMX track next to it too?
If so, I used to go there a lot as a kid, and oh, theres a kids playground over the otherside of the road, thats where I fell from a pretty big height and woke up in hospital. :lol:

ahh memories!
Keep taking pictures of Reading, they are great, makes me so glad that I left before it started going downhill so much :shock:
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:34 PM   #16

Hi Nadnerb, yes you are absolutely right. The area really has gone downhill rapidly. I have loads of pics you'll enjoy. Watch this space. Where are you now?

Spread the word Frenchy. The World needs to be aware of this disease. There is a vaccine i'm told.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:52 PM   #17

In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:
Spread the word Frenchy. The World needs to be aware of this disease. There is a vaccine i'm told.
True. The trouble is that the epidemic is reaching unheard of proportions and the government's vaccine stockpile is running dangerously low. Only the elderly and people in the emergency services are eligible. Ashford hasn't even got an immunisation centre - we could very soon all turn into chavs and spread the disease further.

There mustbe stockpiles of vaccines somewhere - Australians, Americans, South Africans and all others - you don't have chavs so you're either immune or were immunised at birth. I beseech you - please find it in your heart to give your excess vaccives to us so that we can survive this godforsaken plague.

Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:03 PM   #18

I'll be right over Frenchy complete with canes, bird shot, work gang chains and "you don't really want to mess with us" glare. Of course theother alternativewould be a penal colony with lots of walls to paint - how about San Quentin?
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:06 PM   #19

In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:
The area really has gone downhill rapidly.

When exactly did you move to Reading Sydney? :blah:
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:09 PM   #20

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
I'll be right over Frenchy complete with canes, bird shot, work gang chains and "you don't really want to mess with us" glare. Of course theother alternativewould be a penal colony with lots of walls to paint - how about San Quentin?
Steve, my missus is South African and we're planning to move there in a few years time. Maybe I'll speed things up here so I can leave these shores before we're all infected. Then again, maybe it'll be too late, I'll be a fully-fledged chav and infect the whole of the African continent!