Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:30 PM   #11

Don't worry about it Corpsy - I realised you were interpreting what the photo was saying toyou. Really don'tbelieve you were intending to be rude in anyway.

Welcome, by the way - Nice avatar whichif I am to be honest with you, tells me that you have this deep seateddesire to ........... :G
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 1:21 AM   #12

Corpsy what matters in all we do is the intention we have. You have honestly said that it was an honest critique. Shall we say that the matter is closed. Now let us enjoy the thing we do best: critiquing!

Thanks all folks for your participation. These "kind of things" happen where families are. Kind regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 5:45 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Where is that shot taken from Jaki?

As to critique, I agree that in B&W it could probably use a bit of a boost.

Actually I don't think it's all that bad if you get a bit of detail out of the sky and see the ridge in the background.

It's unlikely to win a fine art prize, but for people who know it seems unlikely it could be anywhere but Jozi, and you really got the big sky in there.

It's not a beautiful picture, but it's not a beautiful subject. Even so there is something about both the picture and location that resonates.

Attached Images

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 9:45 AM   #14

Thanks Peri, you know Jeppe Boys High School? There is a little hill behind the school. I went up there took this shot. Now this area is just behind Jules street and beyond. I hope I have furnished you with enough information to figure out where this is. It was a very dull evening when I shot it. Thanks for looking and thanks for the edit.

Jaki.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:35 PM   #15

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
Don't worry about it Corpsy - I realised you were interpreting what the photo was saying toyou. Really don'tbelieve you were intending to be rude in anyway.

Welcome, by the way - Nice avatar whichif I am to be honest with you, tells me that you have this deep seateddesire to ........... :G
Hey Steve, I have no idea what you're trying to say there!

The avatar actually came from some fun I was having at another poster's expense over in this thread: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=90&page=1

I tried to use the animated version as my avatar but got a complaint from a moderator. :O
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:01 AM   #16

Hey Corpsy,

Didn't know the moderators watch, eh? Will not make a fool of myself here. He he he.:-) So did they rap your knuckles?

Kind regards.

Jaki