Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 10, 2006, 6:10 AM   #11

This really is good. As Dustin said, I can see this as a brochure pic or a post card. Sharp, vibrant, incredible DoF, nice composition. All in all bloomin' good!
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:02 PM   #12

Thanks for your reply Berto....much appreciated! I shoot in RAW and yes, you're right...it's a lot of work. I like the fact that I can set my white balance out of camera with RAW and RAW holds a lot more detail for processing but it really does take a lot of computer time. I might take a break and shoot JPG for awhile!

~~StitchBabe~~

:crazy:
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:36 PM   #13
Super Moderator

don't let him talk you out of RAW stitchbabe.. while its not for everyone, as berto has demonstrated effectively, it does give you the most potential for a high quality shot as the compression does not occur until you convert to jpg at the end, or allows you to always work in tiff and never compress and print from there..

not to mention the 2 step exposure latitude, white balance fine-tuning, etc..

i myself am enamored with the new Rawshooter Premium... i can do my exposure tweaking, noise reduction if needed, shadow/highlight recovery and my curves adjustment all before i convert.. allowing me minimal work in photoshop..

as i have stated before, high quality images can be made from both workflow techniques..

"Cartier-Bresson would have shot .Jpg, Adams would have shot Raw"
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:43 AM   #14

wonderful photo
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:52 AM   #15

Hey Dustin!

Noooo, I'm definitely not talked out of RAW. I just thought it would be nice to have a break. I totally agree with all you've said. I do have Raw Shooter Essentials (the free edition) and it's rather interesting to work with. Upon your mentioning the Premium software, I went to Pixmantec to see how much morePremium has to offer aside from the free edition and was thrilled to see that they have a 15 day trial! Needless to say, I've been playin'! The free version is cool but wow, Premium is even better! I had to giggle at your little quote about Adams shooting in RAW as I realized it's more than likely a sure bet! :G

Thanks a bunch for your reply Dustin... I appreciate it!!

~~StitchBabe~~

:crazy:
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote