Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 21, 2006, 5:42 PM   #61

In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 8:49 PM   #62

Old Jan 22, 2006, 4:32 AM   #63

Where is LBoy? The suspense is killing me!!! Syd thinks i am right? I now think I got it right? I also have that cheesy 80's number going round and round in my head...

Please please LBoy put me out of my 80's misery!!!!!!
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 5:20 AM   #64

Sydyou areshowingyour age again.

Dom you know you're right but where did you get the answer???

Did my statue clue help? Or were you googling like the rest of us?
malinstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 5:24 AM   #65

Old Jan 22, 2006, 5:40 AM   #66

OK so firstly I thought Edinburgh because LBoy said she was going to scotland for xmas... after that was incorrect - I actually looked at the pic a little closer.

The reflection looks like the buildings are that sort of german/austrian design - don't know why I thought it really... last year (or may have even been the year before my memory is shocking!) me and mine went to austria and travelled around a bit - we didnt actually go to Vienna itself was a little too far but as it was the capital I was going to guess either there or munich.... guessed right!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:57 PM   #67

:idea:

Well at long last a winner.

Congratulations to Dom. Vienna is correct.

Hass Haus building - Vienna

This building was controversial from its inception. It is in the heart of the city, in the shadow of some of Vienna's oldest and greatest architectural masterpieces. So the intrusion of a modern glass-and-concrete building met with resistance. But the architects did a great job of introducing a building that that coexists and complements the buildings around it. The facade is mostly glass, and reflects the mighty Stephansdom across the way. Instead of stark rows of stone, the lower floors are asymmetrical, and blocks of marble jut out from the building at odd angles. The result is a modern building housing offices, restaurants, and shops without ruining the old-world feel of Stephansplatz.

Ok the spoils of the winner, as has been mentioned and previously promised:

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily touting this as a terribly fantastic prize. Certainly not planned by myself, this little competition just seemed to materialise after Syds quick witted response. However as this is a photographic sitethe prizewill obviously be of photographic nature.And as there is no way I'm giving away any of my A. Adams signed originals (yeah right), it really only leaves a limited few options to me.

If it is of any interest, and you feel the inclination, if you click on my name and have a look at my previous forumtopics and find any photograph I've submitted that you particularly like,I will send a framed and matted print of it to you.

Please give me an number of alternative sizes that would suit you. I'm thinking up to A3 for straight shots, and A2 or whatever for panos as they are of higher resolution. Anyway if you have a particular request I'll do my best.

If theres nothing you like or want, :shock:I will happily send you a 5 pound 'Boots' gift voutcher.....:sad:

Dom, PM me with your request if any.

You guys gave megood laugh alright.

Best regards LB

ps, I'm almost tempted to give Syd a runners up prize if he'd only agree to remove that gyrating avatar. Most distracting :blah:

LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 3:29 PM   #68

YAY!!! Who would have thought that I only got a grade E in geography at school!!! :blah::blah:

So ok just to summarise a few points here. I think congrats to LBoy for firstly a great shot and secondly an inspired competition that had us all guessing - thanks Lorraine.

I didn't expect there to be such a cool prize... i'll take the boots voucher!! Just kidding... I have looked at most of your shots as they have come through the forums and have been impressed by so many of them. I have to take another look and will PM you...

Syd, nice guys finish last, didn't you get told that?? LAST LAST LAST!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

Thanks,

Dom

p.s. I was just about to add a Banana to syd's avatar!!! dammit!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 3:45 PM   #69

Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:18 AM   #70

Ok syd, well done. An appropriate runners up prize for your effort and humorous contribution I think is deserved.

Onlyby conditionthe avatars in future remain movement free.... :blah:
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote