Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 21, 2006, 12:58 AM   #1

...that I am learning SO much from everyone here. Viewing the many posted photos, and reading the critiques of same, has provided me with a wealth of information. I am still doing the basic point & shoot thing, until such time as I realize the possession of my DSLR camera of choice. I just hope that I will be able to remember at least some :-)of what I am now feeding on, when that time comes for me.

Many, many thanks to everyone for providing such a knowledgable place for novices (like myself) to be a part of - and learn.
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2006, 1:24 AM   #2
Super Moderator

well, we are glad to have someone as enthusiastic and willing to learn as part of the group.. i will be looking forward to your photos as well as your comments and critiques of mine and others works..

welcome and best wishes,
-Dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 2:27 AM   #3

Thanks, Dustin ~

I am trying to get through as many photos as I can, with a deep intent to lend an eye to each & every one - and not just once, but many times over. What I have been doing, thus far, is to view what photos that had been called up for viewing - and formulating an opinion on each before reading any of the critiques which had been authored (to see how close, or far away I might have been to general consensus). I don't yet know nearly enough to feel at all comfortable with posting an opinion, other than expressing that I liked the photo (or just a hair beyond that, in terms of mentioning what I felt might improve it). I remember looking at a photo of cruise ships, taken in 'Nice' (I believe it was) by Alex, and thought that it was a VERY nice photo (a little soft, IMO, but nice). Any way, another member mentioned that he could detect 'camera shake' in the photo - and I went back to the photo to try and see HOW the responder was able to determine that.

But, oh well.....I keep hanging around here (which I will, indeed) and I have no doubt that I will continue to gain - and learn - from you pros. It's just amazing that you are all willing to share your knowledge & expertise with the fledgling pack :-).
Old Jan 21, 2006, 9:50 PM   #4

I see you've been around for sometime. Anyway welcome to the forum. I came to the forum a complete novice. I asked a lot of questions. Folks were very kind and honest and gave me the full range of all sorts of advice. I did not wait to have the courage to post. I posted and learnt from whatever criticism and techniques I was adviced to use. Also read a lot. I went into offering criticisms sometimes off point but this way I learnt. Still learning but definitely getting somewhere. You too will get somewhere. Tell you one open secret on this forum, lots of folks are not very far from you and me. :G :G if that is any consolation. Kind regards. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 10:02 PM   #5

good to see you posting. hope to see some of your stuff in the near future.
point and shoot photos are photos just the same man, post away.

-mike j-
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 7:47 AM   #6

Aumma45 wrote:
Quote:
I see you've been around for sometime.
Yes, I have at that :-). But the bulk of my visitations had been at a very small area of this forum. It wasn't until recent that I journeyed into other pastures, here, and found out what I had been missing. I have taken your advice - about not waiting to build up nerve (:-)again) - before posting something shot with our camera. In fact, I will be posting it under its own thread, as soon as I finish this to you.

Thanks, Jaki.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 3:37 PM   #7

Jaki, I love that avatar pic.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:53 PM   #8

Syd, did I miss the point:G?

NLALston, just post away as MJ has indicated. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote