Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:30 AM   #11

I like this shot, as observed by everyone else, but what are these points I have encircled. I have tried to figure these out with no success. they seem to ruin the very lovely shots. or is it my screen. Kind regards. Jaki.
Attached Images

Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:36 AM   #12

Jaki, that is a sunburst effect that is a filter in Photoshop. you can place the sunburst anywhere in the photograph and change the direction of it's glare around as well. LBoy added it in post processing.
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:44 AM   #13

Oh my ignorance. :-) Thanks MJ, there is just too much to learn and this is completely new to me. Thanks for schooling me.

Kind regards.

Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:35 AM   #14
Super Moderator

I guess the sunburst is a matter of opinion, the shot would stand perfectly well without it but it certainly works for me. For the reason that the burst is placed in the general area of the light source. There is relatively little detail in the sky in that location for that reason, and I think it adds interest in that area. The remainder of the burst effect is pleasing enough and I think works well to add some variation in the foreground which otherwise would be quite uniform.

I love the distorted geometry of the pano on the deck and railings. Colours are lovely.

Composition is nice; I kept wondering if there was perhaps slightly too much of the deck, but removing some of doesn't seem to help and loses much of the geometric interest, it also adversely affects the colours, so I've come back to thinking it's good as is.

I particularly like the fact that you can see the sea and horizon through the windows in the railing. I don't think the shot would be nearly as effective without that.

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:43 AM   #15

I like the colors...i don't see any great composition in this one...it's more about the lenses and the arhitecture than about the photographer.

"Café del Mare"
by Janosch Simon ? Am I right ?
mad_grll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:55 AM   #16

As always, your photos are excellent.
I really wanna go out and try some panos now
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote