Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:21 PM   #11
Super Moderator

hmm... the rebel xt at 200 should not show the noise right above the horizon that i see.. or is it something else that is playing tricks on my eyes?
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:20 PM   #12

i'm intrigued by the last shot, myself, though i agree about #2, also.

as an ex long time resident of so. kal. myself, and an avid shooter of the sun (both

setting and rising, just ask anybody here :blah, i think the only thing needed in #1 was

an anchor and three is to somehow bring out a little more of the person on the beach.

there does seem to be a little noise in the last shot, like dustin said, but an overall great
image!

scot

E.S. Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:01 AM   #13

Quote:
hmm... the rebel xt at 200 should not show the noise right above the horizon that i see.. or is it something else that is playing tricks on my eyes?
I just went through my RAW photos and here is what it said i took the photograph at. I'm pretty new to digital photography and a rookie at SLR's, so could the 'noise' have been caused by either JPG compression, or perhaps me toying a tiny bit with the hue/saturation/contrast/levels a little in Photoshop CS2? I may have also hit the sharpen filter as well, but after getting crappy results, i thought i stepped backwards to remove the sharpening. The only adjustment i did do quite a bit with was tweaking the yellow sunset light shining off the wet sand to make it stand out more and to increase contrast with the water. Perhaps I blew out the photo by going a little too far with some of my adjustments even though i only moved them a few points here and there.

Those settings are on the RAW image of this image: http://www.kalionzes.com/photography...achSunset3.jpg

Quote:
and three is to somehow bring out a little more of the person on the beach.
I'll get out the RAW image tomorrow and see what i can do with it to enhance the person walking on the beach for you guys.

Quote:
there does seem to be a little noise in the last shot, like dustin said, but an overall great
image!
Hmm.... check my first response in this post. Do you think anything i mentioned could have been a factor considering its actually ISO100 and i did a little tweaking around with photoshop?

Here is the original RAW converted to JPG without any sharpening... only a few tweaks on Saturation, hue, contract, and color levels....

Download at your own risk. Its almost 4mb. 56k = teh no!

http://www.kalionzes.com/photography...achSunset3.jpg
Andrew LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:03 AM   #14

Done: I was actually meaning to cut off the edge balcony on the lifeguard tower earlier this week. Been too lazy...

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
i like the 2nd and the last shots of the 2nd sets best.. great colors.. and i love the layered look with the shorebirds on the last one.. the last shot was shot at a bit high of iso though..

good set, particularly the last ones..

-dustin
Andrew LB is offline   Reply With Quote