Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:00 PM   #1

HI,

I put this thread here also (firstly I put it in poeple photos)under "critiques" as the reason that lot of people who like to share their knowladge in photography does not look through every part of this forum so here, where photos should be considered for improvement.

Hope you will share your opinions for these photos as they are the first ones from my"hand-made" umbrella light adjustment

regards Zak

Attached Images

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:01 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:03 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:05 PM   #4

Attached Images

Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:06 PM   #5

MY FAVOURITE ONE
Attached Images

Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:08 PM   #6

Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:40 AM   #7

I did not mentioned the big problem during shooting I have:

I start to shoot with Aperture priority where the camera sets shutter speed to 8 sec......:sad:mama mia and the face become so white that like it was just white hole.... and with all my trying I did not managed to change so I had to do with all in manual where the shutter speed I set on 1/2s and f4 ISO 50.

I know it is becauseof the background but eve with muchmore light the shutter speed stayed at 8 sec.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:41 PM   #8

The first photo looks pretty good. It's an interesting crop, very sharp (though perhaps slightly oversharpened), good expression and complimentary color tones.

The rest each have their own little issues. The second and fifth image would probably have looked a lot better with some bright backlighting on the right side. The third has some less than pleasing colors, with his face looking rather yellowy and his hands very red. I think the purple tinted pictures would look better in black and white. On the last image, it looks like the light was aimed directly at his arm.

I've never been a big user of aperture priority mode, but 8 seconds? Perhaps you should try a different metering mode. Practising using manual mode though would likely get you the best results in the long term.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 5:35 PM   #9

Thanks CORPSY for concrete reply, (like your avatar)

I'm still no "pro" but rather would say yet a year-old amateur-photographer....so in that case I appriciate your suggestions for improvements.

What you said is really a good point to everything. Although #5 for personal opiniom like as it is for the rest you said and I accepted in complitely...nice Eyes for photography...

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2006, 5:44 PM   #10
Super Moderator

#1 probably the best lighting.. nice and dramatic, but i would like eye contact, it would be more engaging that way..

#2 a little fill would have helped here.. i think you were going for dramatic, but i think you went too far..

#3 the shadows next to the nose and the softness kills this one.. nice strong pose though..

#4 a little hot on the forehead and cheek.. don't really care for the color..

#5 i really like the pose and the dramatic lighting.. but a bit of fill from a reflector would have helped..

#6 the light is on the arm instead of the face.. leaving the face dark and washed out..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote