Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 28, 2006, 3:51 AM   #1

I though very hard about posting this one. Pulled this one out of the archives. I like it because of its oil paint look. I should be grateful if you volunteer comments. As I grow bolder in this trade, trying to see if other post processing works. regards. Jaki.
Attached Images

Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2006, 7:33 AM   #2

Is this actually a pic that you applied the oil painting effect to? I use that effect to and really love what it does to some pics. (Wanna see one I did?) (A45 writes....no...:lol: but thanks anyway...))

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 3:23 PM   #3

It kinda seems there's not enough contrast.. the fact that the stem/ petal base seems out of focus bothers me. Maybe brighten it up a bit?
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 5:10 PM   #4
Super Moderator

the soft, as you sail oil feel works well..

but the crop is all wrong.. i dont really care for the portrait style here, i would go square or landscape.. also the stem is cut off too far up, leave a little more of it i think.. also i would clone out the bit of leaf in the bottom right corner..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 5:39 PM   #5

i agree with dustin's comments on this one. i don't think the crop is working well to enhance this beauty. i do like the soft feel to it. i am looking forward to your next one .
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:20 AM   #6

Thanks Ken, Vwmon for looking and appreciating.

Dustin, this is one of my first shots. Pulled it out of the archives. I posted it knowing the crop was wrong, but as I am learning some pp strokes, thought this was a perfect subject. Comments taken.

Julie, thanks for the comments. I have posted another one. See if it has improved at least in some aspects. :G Thanks. Jaki.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:22 AM   #7

Thanks Ken, Vwmon for looking and appreciating.

Dustin, this is one of my first shots. Pulled it out of the archives. I posted it knowing the crop was wrong, but as I am learning some pp strokes, thought this was a perfect subject. There is little I could do about this one. Comments taken. Regards.

Julie, thanks for the comments. I have posted another one. See if it has improved at least in some aspects. :G Thanks. Jaki.
Attached Images

Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:43 AM   #8
Super Moderator

the aspect ratio is better.. and you retained the nice colors.. i wish there was a little more contrast in the petals, so there was a little more detail where you can see more of the form.. i would like to see a bit of a crop off the left and a little more room on the right i think..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote