Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:07 AM   #1

I concentrate the light at the beach,so the trees and the sands are dark likein thespace. You can also visit to the website @ http://www.seeshare.com/pic/1313/

Odeysee--> Odyssey -- Sorry!!:?
Attached Images

Nikon8800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2006, 6:26 AM   #2

Thanks for sharing.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 11:02 AM   #3

personally, this doesn't do anything for me. there's no point of interest, nothing for the eye to lock onto. just an expanse of water. there's alsosome distracting lens flare in the lower right,and the far horizon isn't level. this pic needs something to draw the viewer in, some kind of focal point. the color of the water is nice, but there isn't much else there...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:02 PM   #4

Thought it's cool to look at our planet in a different angle without NASA. Thanks for placing the comment!

The purple fringe was by my old camera, Kodak CX4200. Don't want to sacrifice my 8800. The angle was a little tilted, because I was in a canoe, and the camera was just located couple inches above water. Otherwise, the trees can be seen.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 10:37 PM   #5

Nikon8800 wrote:
Quote:
Thought it's cool to look at our planet in a different angle without NASA. Thanks for placing the comment!

The purple fringe was by my old camera, Kodak CX4200. Don't want to sacrifice my 8800. The angle was a little tilted, because I was in a canoe, and the camera was just located couple inches above water. Otherwise, the trees can be seen.
I like this photo. I have a CX4200 too, and haven't used it ever since I got my Nikon 4700. It has very limited function and you did such a great job to it. I'm a newbie to photography, but this looks very nice, special, unique, creative, pure, simple, and deep. I've never thought of taking pictures like that. Did you use any photoshop on this photo?
Halo2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:48 AM   #6

No, I didn't use Photoshop. If I use Photoshop then I would probably just took the picture and darken the background. But I think that's really uncool to use editor to change the picture, because I prefer photographers ask what camera I use and how I shoot it than what photo editorI use. However, I use Photoshop sometime to make some very creative piece of art (That is definately no longer a photograph).

Thank you for your compliment!! Very appreciated!:lol:
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:25 PM   #7
Super Moderator

the blown highlights are distracting for me. and i agree with squrrl, there is not much to focus on. andi dont really see the space odyssey theme as i can tell its a pool pretty easily.

also, your thinking on photoshop will limit your abilities as a photographer. your concern should be your final output, on creating your vision. by falsely holding on to some moral belief against photoshop you will limit yourself. so get over it and learn some post-processing.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:53 PM   #8

Just like the darkroom was a necessary tool for developing film, photoshop (and the other photo editing software out there) is necessary for creating a digital image. I agree you should try to get it as right as possible in camera (the thought shouldn't be "I can fix it in photoshop"), but I haven't seen an image that didn't need some post processing. Many of the things that can be achieved in photoshop are based on techniques originally used in the darkroom.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:53 PM   #9

Not much that "draws you in" for me. But i really like some of the waves!
walterd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 4:05 AM   #10

Hi,

I really like the detail in the foreground waves. Not sure if anybody has pointed it out or not but your horizon is off too...

Just something that is in the back of my mind... there was a thread on here some time ago where a guy made a repeated pattern using some tool (I think it was in PS CS2) where you could use a section of a photo and make it tile-able (if that is a word??) so it can be used as a desktop wallpaper - not sure if maybe that guy (if he is still around) could show us on this image? I think it would be pretty cool...

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote