Attached Images

russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:35 PM   #2

Water Fall

Attached Images

russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:32 PM   #3

The first one is good - plenty of foreground interest, the river cutting a slight diagonal, the tree and the mountains all positioned well.

A point on the second one - I had to save it down to my pc to view it in its entirety so it might be better to post smaller ones in the future. That's also a well composed shot but I'm never sure if I like the blurred water on this sort of thing or not. Personal opinion, though.
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:36 PM   #4

Id have to say I like both of these shots. They are both well composed and exposed. Sharp as well.

For my taste I would try to make the colors pop a little in the second shot, things look a little drab (im sure thats how they really were.)

Good job
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:11 PM   #5
Super Moderator

i like the composition on the first one. but it seems to be lacking sharpness and contrast. did you lighten the foreground in post? it looks a little washed out. but its composed well and overall appealing.

the second you have the water blurred nicely and it follows a pretty good line. but the bland setting lets you down i think. plus the prominent branch in the sky is a bit of a distractor. again a bit soft.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:49 PM   #6

I agree with Hards, but I think if you brighten up the first picture that could help,and as Hards said those branches and trees and trees are a big distraction in the second picture, but I like pictures, those only a few things to remember for next time.
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:46 PM   #7

I too like the first composition. Nice!!! I wonder if playing with levels within photoshop could recover or create some punch in the forground.The second shot was too large to be seen on my monitor without saving to the HD first but...I did see some promising crops that might address some of the concerns about the distracting limb that were previously posted.
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:48 PM   #8

second one better than the first one, needs more punch. First one could have been a much better shot if you moved closer to the lake or more to the left. The composition needs improving. shoot some more....

hooli
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote