Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:10 PM   #1

This type of photography is new for me so I'd like to get some honest criticism. Please advise as to composition,lighting, cropping, etc. I can take it, so please be blunt. Thanks
Attached Images

gredan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:13 PM   #2

Ok, well, first of all there is tilt in the picture... therefore it's not straight. The lighting is allright, except that tall statue seems to have some blown highlights. Also the background doesn't work for me. Oh, and those sticks on the path are distracting... Hope this helps, and keep shooting.
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:07 AM   #3
Super Moderator

i agree with above comments..

the background distracts, its not a terribly interesting composition.. get closer, juxtapose a smaller stone with the bigger stone, i.e. put one low in the corner and lets its line lead to larger one.. set it against and intersting sky, and maybe present it in black and white? just some thoughts... but in general go for something a little different, add some interest, don't just present the scene as is.. present it as something moody/interesting/foreboding..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:07 AM   #4

'I beleive the tilt here is as it was, the cemetary must be on a slope. If you were to "correct" it then all the statues and stones would be leaning so this is no issue for me. It is just an uninspiring composition. I think if you try to get tighter on your subject or go for a more dramatic angle would helpmuch here.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 1:53 PM   #5

Thanks for the input folks. I appreciate the comments. I'll try to incorporate your suggestions when I try again.
gredan is offline   Reply With Quote