Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:27 AM   #1

Here's another mixer shot that was taken yesterday, the lighting I used was sunlight coming through the window. This time I decided not to do a close-up, because I had some shadow that I wanted to use. I am pretty new at this kind of photography so I would like all the tips, techniques, prefrences, and anything else I could get, so... Critique away, I am willing to learn.

Attached Images

Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2006, 8:57 AM   #2

Hi, Sergeant, am also new to this kind of trade. General comments, the colours are good, good exposure. I see you wanted the shadow but was wondering if tried other angles. May a crop. Keep posting, you will get there. Regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:31 PM   #3
Super Moderator

love the shadow interplay on this one, gives it a nice interaction between the object and its shadow.. an improvement over the first..

i am with jaki, i think some lower angles would have helped you out here.. the top down view tends to diminish the 3d effects, so shooting a bit more from its level will give you added depth which will only interact well with your strong side-lighting..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:41 PM   #4

Very clean image indeed. One can almost see the resin of the wood.The sunlight on the wood feels so warm, producing pleasurable intertwining shadows. A creative combination of sunlight, wood and domesticated metal!!:lol:
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 3:20 PM   #5

Thanks everyone, I'll try the same thing when the sun comes back out on another day. Thanks again, for the help.
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote