Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 20, 2006, 9:43 AM   #1

I remember DomCotton posting a photo he took from a plane a while ago and he said at the time that he wasn't sure if it was a good photo or just a 'snapshot' which he really liked but wouldn't be popular. At least I think that's what he said - sorry if I've paraphrased you incorrectly Dom! This is one of those.I took it a while ago on a point and shoot and have cropped the original and played with the levels a bit.

I really like this photo but to others is it just yet another snapshot from the inside of a plane? Or does it have more merit than that?
Attached Images

frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2006, 9:45 AM   #2
LT7

I like it. It looks like something you would see on an "infllight" magazine put out by the airline.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 9:48 AM   #3

You beat me to it LT. That's what I was going to say, a good airline/travel promo shot or very large print hung in an airport lounge.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 9:49 AM   #4

I think it's more than a snapshot. The composition is good, and the placement of the wing and the sun work well. It's quite an effective photo, IMO. I get a sense of adventure from this photo: Where is the plane going? Somewhere exotic? Is it the start of an exciting vacation, or just a routine business trip? This photo suggests lots of possible stories without locking the viewer into just one "correct" storyline.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 2:13 PM   #5

Sorry Frenchy missed this one been so busy lately! I am hoping to get some shots up on here this week...

Quote me if you like... sounds like something I would have said!! :-)

So I really like your shot. I love shots from out of plane windows always seems so surreal. Never sure if it is just what i can remember from being there or if it does it for everybody?

Real interesting colours - one critique though... a smidge to the counter-clockwise for that horizon...??

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:26 PM   #6

This one is a winner Frenchy. I love the artistic flair. The rest has been said. Regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 2:16 AM   #7

Thanks for all the comments guys, I always appreciate your input. Dom, you're a bit of a hard taskmaster, aren't you?!? Having got my old school protractor and set square out, though, I can see you have a point. I'll make the change to my original.

Cheers all.

Old Feb 21, 2006, 2:33 AM   #8

Yeah sorry mate - with that wing angle it just stood out to me. Believe me it really doesnt make any difference to the shot which is fab - but you did ask for critiques...!

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:20 AM   #9

No problem - as you say,I am looking for any critiques that could help improve. Cheers!