Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 21, 2006, 4:27 PM   #11

Where are Dustin and Lboy?!?!

was looking forward to what you guys would say.
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 5:20 PM   #12

Dustin is MIA, i e-mailed him but no reply....don't know about LBoy.
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 5:22 PM   #13

hmmmm...
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:42 PM   #14

Well done Mike. True love story. Regards. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:38 AM   #15

hi mike,

Very flattering that you would ask after me... appreciated indeed.

Anyway I did look at this earlier by got called away and could not comment.

Really it is exceptional series of expression. The merits of each individual image isvaried but more so the true merits shine though as a group. Commenting on individual images is out of context here, they exist and are presented as a group. Normally one would comment if and whycertain imagesshould be removed - if any. Some individual flaws that exist inpart are not relevant when you group images such.A wonderfulsnap-hash with a understood and focused theme. Therefore your mission has been very successful. Thats what it all about.

So on my gut feel to the presentation. Just simply that you have done a great job.I hope then thework pays off for you. I'm sure it will.

My initial instincts told me that you over did it at the end and3 or4 less "eyes" would have balanced the flow better. I would def.remove theblurred one. I've come to understand that heavilyblurred photographs have place in such limited occasion as to almost become a stick out. At least in the eyes of those who might matter in your photographic future.. haha.

Good to see people sticking there necks out and having fun. A nice little project that shows a bit of guts in offering for critique.

LB

LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:54 AM   #16

Hello johnsonM86,

Wow...you have created an incredible beautiful stunning

tribute to your girlfriend.

You have given me all sorts of wonderful photo ideas for "the next time" I am in love!!!

Very, Very, VERY
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:05 AM   #17

thanks a lot camfan!

LBoy - i took your advice and removed several of the eye photos. they were a bit much i think looking at it again. thanks for the advice and hope it improves the overall balance and impact of the gallery.

-mike j-
www.pbase.com/mikej86
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:13 PM   #18

Hi Mike,

Well I waited on this one - i glanced initially but had to give this my full atention. My favourite is the image titled "Portrait 1" closely followed by "laugh colours". Not sure about the same shot posted in bw and color but overall i think the series is really really nice! Some great poses and scenarios - great ideas for all of us! Now I just need to find as patient a model as your lady...

Thanks for sharing...

Dom

p.s.no lens baby to be seen!

DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:26 AM   #19

Here's an unexpected guest as well, Michael!!
After having visited your gallery 'Till there was you' I agree with Syd about the inspiring aspect of love. According to an early scholar, you start falling in love with beauty, in a woman at first...and after a long painful trail, conclude with the love of beauty in true knowledge.Please don't think I am lecturing someone in these matters, I consider myself still a student ,doing his doctorate!!:-)
There,also, I am quite pleased to find a gallery which is worthy of praise, even for the idea only, entitled 'Clouds'. I hope your enterprise improves way beyond a temporary affair, and you go on hunting the sky to return with many others to the earth.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 11:02 AM   #20

johnsonM86 wrote:
Quote:
Where are Dustin and Lboy?!?!
Well LBoy has since been accounted for...

julies517 wrote:
Quote:
Dustin is MIA, i e-mailed him but no reply....
Well as we can see on Dustin's profile, he's doing a Phd, and as I have 3 PhD students as my colleagues and a number of PhD folk in the family, I know the calls on their time (and PhD motivation as well as stress) can go up and down! So maybe he's knuckling down and working on his biomechanics material! :idea:

OR.... according to Dustin's latest avatar ("guild wars") maybe he has got into a good series of battles and wants to keep a good campaign running!

Finally, I also noticed that it was his birthday a few days after the last time he made appearances, so either old age (hee hee...only 26!) or celebrating got the better of him! :-)

In any case, "we're missing ya mate" and look forward to see you back. (isn't it cute we're almost like family...!) Seriously though, that's a good sign!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote