Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:01 PM   #1

I thought there was something here. Captured these bees in a feeding freenzy in a pumpkin flower. Don't know whether it appeals to you! Please let me know! It is centered, I wished the bees were facing the other way, but out there there are no rules. Let see what you make of it. Regards. Jaki.
Attached Images

Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:48 AM   #2

The name, in the first place appeals to me, reminding me the name of my, once ,favourite yahoo game!!
Putting the joke aside, you have named your shot successfully in conveying the essence of it. One can sense the maddening energy beneath the physical activity. The whole event takes place on a stage of yellow, the fastest of colours in nature , which, on the other hand, also tends reveal a pathetic content, as for my perception, like that from Van Gogh's.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 3:06 AM   #3

I can'g go as deep as Bahadir but it's a great shot to my eye. Perhaps a tad soft on the bees though?
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:44 AM   #4
LT7

Nice Capture, great job on the Yellow, Jaki.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 3:03 PM   #5

great shot jaki! i don't think the bees are soft, i see good detail in most of them. they are probably moving so i'm sure it wasn't easy. the composition is good, i don't feel it's too centered- you have just enough of an angleĀ* to make it right. the vibrant yellow is a great counterpoint to your "busy" subjects- nice!
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:26 PM   #6

Thanks Bahadir for such erudite comments. Have seen you around for sometime. Welcome. This is the first time I have captured yellow in this shade with the help of LT7. I feel much encouraged. I took many of this shot but this was the best.

LT7 thanks as always for looking.

Frenchy, heard you are coming to SA - its like your second home. :G Welcome. If I made it a more sharper, it would obviously have that over processed look.

Regards Julies, the flower was at an awkward angle. Couldn't but take it as it is. Thanks for the compliments.

Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote