Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:56 AM   #1

Hi all,

have only just started trying to take photographs as opposed to snap shots. I know the basics but still have a lot to learn....!!!

Anyway this shot is the best of a bad bunch from the weekend, would be grateful for comments. Would also be grateful for comments on processing and how this image could be improved.

many thanks
Attached Images

dazmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2006, 8:04 AM   #2

In the first place, you've got a capable camera and it seems you will make the best out of it soon. After all it's a SLR. Lucky you!
I'm no expert, but as you will also appreciate, there should be a reason, a point to shoot the image vertically (I don't mean the norm is, and should be, horizontal!). For example, if you had lowered the level of your camera so as to accentuate the role of the wall, you'd probably achive a more powerful image. I added a touch of focus, a little contrast, a slight fill flash to your picture and cropped a bit from the top. That's all.. There are ones in this forum who will actually perform living magic!!
Meanwhile I wonder if slemish, the name of your photo, comes from a mountain in Ireland.
Will be following you!
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:28 AM   #3

Thanks for your comments, and yes indeed, the name does refer to slemish mountain (or big hill!!) in northern ireland. Picture was taken right at the foot of the mountain, facing away from it obviously.....
dazmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:49 AM   #4

It looks like you have alot of excellent opportunities ahead of you. I look forward to future posts. Don't forget some macro shots. There looks like there are some interesting lichen or moss growing on those rocks.
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote