Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 3, 2006, 3:04 AM   #11

G'day again,m

yeah that sure is one hell of a hint. From Tasmania Australia. That small little island that some map makers for get to attach to the rest of the mainland.

Thanks heaps for the comments guys. Much appreciated

And yes the cricket. We haven't been playing all that well of late. Not sure what it is but in the last 6months or more our overseas campaigns have needed some work. Good luck to us though this time around

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 3:16 AM   #12

We didn't exactly cover ourselves in glory when we were over with you - amazing how top players suddenly go down when on tour. We lost about three of ours in Aus and now Ponting & Simmonds are still out, here. Not complaining mind you! :G

Always been fascinated by Tasmania - you must post some pics.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 3:36 AM   #13

G'day all,

ok well Steve I believe the girlfriend and I might be heading out for a smallish road trip either this weekend or next, to do just that. Take photos.

So hopefully I can post up some nice onces for you to get a good idea of what it is like down here.

Ollie

PS here is a pic of Hobart that the girlfriend took this morning as we were driving to work. And yes it was a bit hazy out this morning. That there my friends is Hobart. I will get a better one later that shows more of it at a wider view.

Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:19 AM   #14

Hey there Steve,

Great capture and I have also tried to help you out with an edit. I am back to dialup speeds until further notice, so posts with pics will be limited by me for a while.

As for the cricket, well, I think you need to adjust the weather. If there was no rain we would have faired better. :roll:

BTW, I am away for a little while and you are ready to chat up another Aussie in my absence!:G

Attached Images

shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:36 AM   #15

Shadow, my ol mate - Welcome back. Thought you'd taken cover after the last two cricket matches :GTalk about history repeating itself, but on the other foot! Not sure how long friend Ricky & Andrew are out for - pitty our august captain can't seem to find this sort of form when beyond our shores:roll:

Really nice work on my moth - looks really good. Got to start practicing.

Understand your dial-up frustrations - I'm waiting for my ADSL line at home as well. Real pain in the backside - especially when your on wide band all day at work.

What news on your camera?

Once again, nice editing - thanks.

Steve
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:39 AM   #16

Did this one fly out of your wallet Steve? :lol:
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:47 AM   #17

Hoping to hear something in the next week regarding my camera.

As for the cricket, mmmmmmm. Well, enough said! Next item of discussion please. LOL

Glad you like the edit. I have been doing lots of reading and experimenting. So I thought I would try editing your moth. I am still bumbling around with editsthere is lots to learn and I am sure the things I did could have been done easier, if only I knew how.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:00 PM   #18

G'day fellow aussie

Nice work on the moth there. I had started to try and extend the bottom yesterday but got a bit frustrated as I couldn't get it perfect. All the same though you did a great job.

bloody cricket!!!

Ollie
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:53 AM   #19

G'day Ollie welcome to the forum.

There are lots of great people here. Glad you like the edit. I am very much a beginner with editting. Ionly worked out how to extend my canvasand addextra background in the last couple of weeks. So Steve's image was ideal for me to try new skills.

As for the cricket, there were a few light jabs thrown about when the Sth Africans were touring here. So I thought that it only fair that Steve should be able to return in kind when we toured in his neck of the woods.

To cut a long story short, a quick chat with the boys. We throw a few matches andtheworld of cricket is given a brief glimpse of the possibilities from a world not dominated by Australia.:blah: (I only wish this were true)