Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:54 PM   #1

The corner was cut off by a shelf edge and I couldn't get any other angle on it - anybody got any ideas?
Attached Images

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:05 PM   #2

I would imagine the wings are pretty symetrical, so copy the other wing tip and flip it in photoshop and paste it in. You have a nice easy background so this should be a cinch.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:00 AM   #3

Thanks Tigger, I'm new to Photoshop and image manipulation in general so I'll give it a bash as an exercise - thanks for the advice.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:27 AM   #4

Opportunity for you to practice your skills Steve. Great shot. I was wondering how you did it. These beings tend to fly away at the slightest sign of intrusion.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 2:50 AM   #5

Thanks Jaki -That's why I couldn't get any other angle, for fear of disturbing it. They seem very jittery and move off at the slightest movement. Going to try Tiggers suggestion and see what I come up with. My PS experience hitherto is one of colour correction & sharpening, etc - time to venture into the world of manipulation:roll:
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:38 AM   #6

G'day SteveDak

I am also new to PP and PS, but I thought I would give it a whirl. Let me know what you think. Took me a bit to try and get the colours the right brightness and contrast. But I think it looks ok

Ollie
Attached Images

Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:52 AM   #7

Hey, good job. Before you start with the wing tip, you might as well extend the image on the bottom a bit more so the tip isnt clipped.

2 things that will cover up the work a bit more. Select the bottom triangle area where you worked an sharpen a bit as the wing is soft from the blending, then also add in some noise to match the background.

again though its one of those things that since you know what was done its easy to spot and critique, but if you post as is to another forum, i bet most people wouldnt spot a thing.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 2:14 PM   #8

Ollie77 wrote:
Quote:
G'day SteveDak

I am also new to PP and PS, but I thought I would give it a whirl. Let me know what you think. Took me a bit to try and get the colours the right brightness and contrast. But I think it looks ok

Ollie
Way to go Ollie! Saves me the time and trouble. I had the same thing in mind. Good job!

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:05 PM   #9

The Edit is a great job. Regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 3:45 AM   #10

Hey Ollie, that's a great effort - thanks for ably demonstrating what's possible, even for the newcomer to PP/manipulation. Had a go myself but not nearly as good a result as you've come up with. I was going to crop the other wing and blame it on a close encounter with the cat:G

Are you from Aus?(G'day was a clue)- if so, good luck in the cricket ODI today :blah: