Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 4, 2006, 5:13 PM   #21

Hear, hear Dustin - with you all the way on that, being afishing & shooting man myself. Was going to raise the thorny issue of culling (which is an unfortunate neccessity at times in these parts- especially when it comes to elephant) had this debate gained momentum. Truth is in this world of diminishing resources, it is possible to love animals to theirdeath. Population growth in some species, if left unchecked,can lead toa mass starvation and suffering more horrific to witness than the culling operation itself. We all know that the root of the problem is the troublesome human species, but I doubt anybody is going to suggest a quid pro quo culling operation on that front.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:10 PM   #22

Truce: Unfinished business.

Master Woody,

Gentlemen! Ladies! If another gentleman, having done some soul searching looks into your eyes and says I am wrong! I am sorry! You look at him lovingly and say I understand. Let's put the past behind us. Master Woody is contrite and we shouldn't make him feel any less loved.

On behalf of everyone on the forum, we accept Master Woody back into the family fold. Master Woody, I am sincerely sorry if I sounded mean or used ugly language. I am a peaceful man and try to live that way.
We shall now return to the thing we are best at :|.

The thread has taken on some very serious and interesting discussion on the question of animal conservation, rights, etc from Dustin and SteveDak; and in the larger picture the preservation of Mother Earth. These are legitimates concerns that are not the preserve of a few but indeed everyones. In this connection, I think we all agree on one issue: that we need to conserve nature, our environment, not just for our children and their children but for the survival of the very human species.

It is an open secrets about who are the big culprits in speeding up the destruction of Mother Earth, who are doing too little or nothing in preserving our environment because of their lifestyle. Whilst I do not want to politicise this issue, Woody points us to the the precarious state of our Mother Earth.

The invitation from him, if you will allow me put positive interpretation to his concerns, is that in our little ways as in the example of Dustin and SteveDak, we can do something about our environment. I think that is the message I want to live with. The details are rather complicated as the arguments in this thread have shown:G. but that is a positive impetus. :?

Regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:30 PM   #23
Super Moderator

once again jaki has very elequently summed everything up nicely.. you do a nice job as a mediator..

so i guess the thing is, we all have our own views on conservation and the preservation of nature.. its often difficult to see on the other side of the fence, but it is worth noting that while our methods and philosophies are vastly different, at least we have a singular goal: protect and preserve.. and thats the most important thing..

cheers,
dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 3:15 AM   #24

Besides . . . Moths tend to have a shifty look about them anyway.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:57 PM   #25

OK...everyone...and I do mean everyone. I give a blanket apology. I tend at times, to come off too strongly. I too, was a hunter. I hunt now with a camera. Hunting is essential. I think we all have a handle on that. Most of my friends hunt. I will, gladly take venison if offered. Everyone here, we now know, loves nature and the outdoors. I wish I were out there now instead of inside on this darn computer. I actually believe I we may be better off by airing or differences. We don't have to agree on everything, but we can get along. To hards80...truce. Let's get back to photography and life in general. I think I've met some fine folks on this area of the forum. But don't expect me to submit anything for a critique for a while. Or at least until I change my screen name:-) Later, Woody

PS...SteveDak...my wife was none to thrilled about her precious pup Precious being dragged into the fray. You don't want to see her bad side. If you look closely, all the pup is wearing is a bandana. That's her "blanky" on her head.

woodysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:37 PM   #26

I definitely agree with Woody on differences. I cannot imagine a world of uniformity. Differences were meant to be, provided they add to our happy existence.

Now on Woody changing his identity on account of what happened on this thread is a notion I distance myself from. You are one of us and we have come to know and understand you the way you are. So we accept you as you are. Even in families folks have differences but they do not change their identities. Please! Please! I pray you will do nothing so radical. I want to come to the forum and know it is Woody I am communicating with. But if you must insist on changing your identity, we shall still accept you. The forum allows for this.

Regards. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 3:52 AM   #27

woodysworld wrote:
Quote:
But don't expect me to submit anything for a critique for a while. Or at least until I change my screen name:-) Later, Woody

PS...SteveDak...my wife was none to thrilled about her precious pup Precious being dragged into the fray. You don't want to see her bad side. If you look closely, all the pup is wearing is a bandana. That's her "blanky" on her head.

Woody, no need to apologise for anything. We are actually all on the same page, I think - and I do hope you were joking about the posting & screen name

Your avatar doesn't bother me in the slightest, nor anyone else I should think - in fact I think its quite amusing - I only raised that in the context of thedebate that was unfolding. Sorry if I gave the impression that itreally was an issue to me. Heck, my dogs have contributed in all sorts of accomodating ways to my photographic endeavours:G(and believe me I really don't want to see the bad side of your missus, I see enough of my own's).

Keep posting as you are - and welcome to the fold

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 7:12 AM   #28

Jaki & SteveDak,

I can assure you I was joking when I said I would change my identity. It's taken me half a century to become who I am :?and I don't relish the thought of starting from scratch. Sometimes I can't figure out who I am as it is. I've never sent a photo for a critique on this forum, but I will in the near future. As for my avatar...the poor dog has had fake reindeer antlers placed on her head for holiday photos. She didn't complain much though. She's too busy eating and sleeping. Have a great day. Woody
woodysworld is offline   Reply With Quote