Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:41 PM   #1
Super Moderator

i liked the lines formed by the chains as well as the minimal color with just splash of yellow to "anchor" this one..

Attached Images

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2006, 7:01 PM   #2

i like how the yellow is anchored into that corner too, i think you achieved what you were going for- all the elements fall into place nicely.
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 7:22 PM   #3

I like this shot but I feel like I want to tilt my head. I think you did a great job capturing it and I don't think changing the angle would help. You have placed the chain coming into the scene and the yellow mooring point in wonderful positions. The colour against the grey is striking.* *...........Very very Nice * *<but I still feel like I want to tilt my head>
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 7:25 PM   #4
Super Moderator

thanks jules and rhino...

its not surprising that you feel that you should tilt your head, as i purposefully put the angle into the shot.. doing so i was better able to take advantages of the lines and lend a little more dynamic feel to the shot that would have been absent shot straight on..
Old Mar 2, 2006, 7:32 PM   #5

It feels like you nailed right on the edge. Any more and I think it would have ruined it.. Risky but it paid off <grin> For sake of interest... How many shots of this did you take?* This seems to be a very unique composition to me. Kudos
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:01 PM   #6

Hy man...wazz up? I've been away with loth of school work and some pc games ....you too?....

'bout the picture...what to say? a good composition because of your calculated style of doing things...but c'mon...where it's the something (the appeal?) of this one?
IMO i think it has nadda from you man...you are sensitive but why don't you show that??????

PS have you seen Narnia and King Kong?

CHEEEEEEEEERS
mad_grll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:01 PM   #7
Super Moderator

this was actually the only 1 of this i took.. but i did not just see it and shoot.. i viewed it from many angles and with variations in the tilt until i liked it, then took my time and took 1 good shot.. this is uncropped as well..
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:04 PM   #8
Super Moderator

mad_grll wrote:
Quote:
Hy man...wazz up? I've been away with loth of school work and some pc games ....you too?....

'bout the picture...what to say? a good composition because of your calculated style of doing things...but c'mon...where it's the something (the appeal?) of this one?
IMO i think it has nadda from you man...you are sensitive but why don't you show that??????

the appeal for me is more in the lines and industrious feel to it.. because of the subject matter, a real emotional response was not what i was going for here, as it would be rather difficult.. it is what it is, a study in industrious lines..

i feel that nature is better for what you are wanting me to convey, and right now, the weather here is not the bestfor presenting nature.. so hang around for a month or two andi will get back to my nature shots
Old Mar 2, 2006, 9:48 PM   #9

to be honest with you d-man, when i first looked at this shot, i had to do a double

take and make sure that it was you who posted.

instinct.

it's just not what i'm used to seeing from you.

the more i look at it though, even without reading your description, i can appriciate

what you were going for here.

and being honest once again, (no i am not kissing your butt :blah i rather enjoy this

shot.

the lines and the contrasting colors (cold blue-gray, warm yellow), the tilt.

i would like to know how it would have looked with the joining of the hose and the

chain in the left corner, though.

scot
E.S. Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:00 PM   #10

Take the compliment from Scot. I have followed his comments he is a very reserved person in his comments.

Besides the fun, I am amazed but the simplicity of the subject and the photo. You certainly have an artistic eye. The infinite patience that seems to ooze from you is something that I need to cultivate - taking time to shoot especially static subjects. In the beginning I would shoot a 100 frames hoping one of them would be right, many times there were not. I have now cut that number to less than 10 but still to go. Infinite patience! :G Regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote