Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:38 AM   #1

G'day all,

as mentioned in the "moth" thread, I said I would hopefully get a few shots of Hobart. Well I didn't go to far for these. They were taken atop Mt Wellington which overlooks the City of Hobart.

This first shot though is also from up there looking northwest and is my cheating attempt at a HDR shot. The foreground was much darker in the original shot, just to give an indication of what I manipulated.

These next few shots are Hobart itself and the sunset that was behind the mtn to the west. Enjoy and critique lots Oh yeah and in order from top to bottom is what would be a panoramic view of hobart.

Ollie
Attached Images

Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:05 AM   #2

Hi Ollie,

I couldn't let the crazy coincidences of your post pass. I am also an Ollie from Oz, I lived in Hobart in 1989-91, and I have a very similar panorama of Hobart taken from Mt Wellington hanging of the wall of my house in Canberra. (Mind you, that is pre-digital and is just a bunch of 6x4 photos stuck together!) I've recently got hold of a slide scanner, so I'll probably be posting some of my old Tassie photos soon too.

BTW, like your first pic very much.

Cheers,
Ollie
Ollie@Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 5:25 PM   #3

G'day there mate,

yeah it was funny I was wondering when another ollie would turn up. I couldn't take the name and looks like you couldn't either. Nice to see another aussie face too.

Thanks for the comment on the first pic. It was done very quick as I am still new to the whole process.

I will head up the Mtn again soon hopefully with a tripod in hand and on a nicer day. It was around 7:30pm when those shots were taken. So the sun was just starting to hide itself behind the Mtn.

Anyway it would be great to see those older shots you have. See how much the place has changed since you were here. I came here with parents back in 92 so just after you left.

Have a great day.

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote