Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 7, 2006, 1:04 AM   #1

hi all, have veiwed steves site for ~2 years now but just started looking at posts, was wandering what is a quick & easy way to post pics here for member input and criticisms, i am using an ancient 500mhz computer and elements 2 for my picture processing, i have 3 cameras i use fuji finepix s5000, canaon powershot a95, & olympus evolt e500 just purchased in november. hoping to learn alot here, but i feel honest no holds barred feedback is a more effective learning tool. so any help with getting some pics up for feedback would be welcome. thank you
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:09 AM   #2

Welcome Cshana - you've come to the right place here. Great fun and a lot of very experienced & knowledgeable friendsco-habitate here. You will learn a lot as long as youknow that if you ask for criticism you will most probably get it- both good and not so good sometimes:G. All made though, with the best intentions and no malice.

When you are ready to post a pic resize it to250kb or less (I find resizing to 244kb file size works well or 650 - 700 pixels on the long side of an image generally fits the bill for most images). Go to the "Critiques & Techniques" page, hit new topic and when the New Topic dialogue pops up enter your comments/ message and then go down to the browse button and look for your image, open it and hit send (you can preview your post if you so wish). When the page refreshes your post and image will appear as a new topic awaiting comments to be added by others.

You can post a re-worked or further image on the same topic by hitting the "Reply" button, or if you just want to post a text reply. Think I've covered the basics but I'm fairly new to this as well, so look out for other advice and we'll both learn something The etiquette here generally is to not post too many images on the same topic or different topics all at the same time! You can get away with two or three -otherwise it can become hard work & a little irritating for all concerned.

Looking forward to your first post.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:39 PM   #3

thank you steve for the info, hope to get a picture posted soon for comments.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:01 PM   #4

Welcome! So comprehensive info, no one could have done it better than Steve:G. Regards. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote