Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:04 PM   #11

Hi Jon,

It would be alot easier if you picked 1 (or 2 max) and asked for a critique. Then we can concentrate and collectively assess that image and maybe work through some of the series in that way. May I suggest you pick your favourite or one that you feel has the most merit . Maybe starting with #8,#9 or #10.

Thanks
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:14 PM   #12
Administrator

It looks like you guys were having lots of fun.

For future reference, it's best to keep it to one photo per thread so that comments are more focused on a specfic image, versus general comments about a group of images.

Note guideline number 4 in the sticky thread you'll see at the top of the threads list here in the Critiques and Techniques Forum:

"Please post only one image per thread...this will allow each image to be judged on it's own merits and keeps the thread on topic."

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=90

It's OK to post more than one version of the same image (here it is cropped differently, etc.), and I think you'll find that you'll get more useful comments if you keep it to a specific image being discussed in a thread within this forum.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:02 AM   #13

alright, will do. i've seen countless others do the same thing, as with a series of pictures where everyone told what their favorite was or whatever, and then what they would change about that favorite, w/ no problems...so i figured it was ok, but i will do the individual shot from now on. thanks for the heads up.

y'all have a great week.
jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:06 AM   #14
Administrator

jedmag wrote:
Quote:
alright, will do. i've seen countless others do the same thing, as with a series of pictures where everyone told what their favorite was or whatever, and then what they would change about that favorite, w/ no problems...so i figured it was ok, but i will do the individual shot from now on. thanks for the heads up.

y'all have a great week.
We don't read all of the threads. So, I'm sure it happens a lot.

Many forum members don't notice the guidelines, so don't worry about it.

The main reason we suggest one photo per thread is for your benefit. That way, you'll get more focused comments on a specific image that will most likely be more useful in helping to improve your skills

When you post multiple photos in a thread, the comments are more likely to be very general in nature. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:25 AM   #15

hi Jed its right what the other members are saying, just post one at a time its much easer, but having said that i like them, the sky is a bit blown also you could saturate the colours a little, and crop one or two overall very good.

Alex
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 3:43 PM   #16

thanks a lot everyone. i'll definitely keep that in mind. i understand now. thanks a ton
jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 5:05 PM   #17

Pics 1-3, Have her wear dark pants if you want to slim down the figure.*Pics 4-5, Shoulders back will help avoid a rolled shoulder or slumpy look.**Afrika
Afrika is offline   Reply With Quote