Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 15, 2006, 3:22 PM   #1

Hi,

I have spent a while working on this picture i have posted the before and after - do you guys like the effect or not?

Thanks,

Dom
Attached Images

DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2006, 3:28 PM   #2

Dom,

In general, I like the effect.

A few things bother me, though:

1: the loss of detail/highlights in the cheeks/forehead. Maybe back off on that a bit?

2: The line of the sofa/wall behind her head distracts quite a bit. Maybe you could make it all wall coloured, or all sofa coloured? (though changing things around hair is tough, I know)

Best,

-B
oBSidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 2:41 AM   #3

its an interesting edit.

i agree with most of the comments made by -B i do think the highlights are overdone compromising ur midtone detail. I also think it would be nicer ithout the couch line in the backing and maybe even cloning out the shadow cast too.

cheers
Ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:16 AM   #4

i had a quick pay around, not sure what effect you are going for. i just tried to hold the id tones.

ken

Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:33 AM   #5

Nice job... like the look of your edit. To be honest I was trying to make it different. I did a lot of work on her skin tones, etc... flatten out the hot spots and hide her real spots (hope she isnt reading this!). Straightened her nose a little, etc... then just looking at it I thought it looked pretty average - i.e. a smoothed skin shot... so I added various effects and stuff and came up with the result. To be honest I would need to check the layers in my original to see what I did!

Thanks,

Dom
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:44 AM   #6

Nice shot Dom although I have to admit I do like Ken's edit the most (other than the crop:G). The sofa line was definitely a no-no. Nice looking lady.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:47 AM   #7

Hi,

I actually was reading up on a thread to use hue/saturation layers to change hair colour and Nic wanted to see what she would look like as a brunette, etc... so i was doing those edits (I didn't even care about the background) and later started working on the skin tones, etc... in my original edit I liked the effect on the eyes I do like that heavy dark eyes look - not that I am into Goths...!

Thanks guys will try a better base shot and post another...

Dom