Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 21, 2006, 8:47 AM   #1

This was taken the weekend before last, the first time I've really poked my head out side the door with my camera this year. It was a cloudy day, but made for a pleasant walk through a local woods. Unfortunately my batteries died about five minutes later…

/* Direct link removed - Sorry about that!!

Attached Images

kefln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:48 AM   #2

kefln wrote:
Quote:
This was taken the weekend before last, the first time I've really poked my head out side the door with my camera this year.
I know that feeling only to well.

What I find kinda strange now, is that I can pretty much spot a photograph taken with the S9500 without looking at the exif data first. I wonder if other S9500 owners know what I mean here?

Nice shot, shame about those batteries running out. I now use rechargables and always carry loads of spares.

Regards,

Syd

In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:03 AM   #3

I'm not sure if it's a good thing! :shock:

Would you believe that it was the rechargeable batteries that died on me? The only spare set I hadwere normal batteries, pre-used, didn't last long. Just wasn't my day!
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:39 AM   #4

I think it must be when the camera chooses too high an ISO (in my opinion) giving a certain look to the images, especially in low light conditions. The S9500 is also well known for its soft appearing images. Apparently Fuji's intention so as to give more flexibility for post processing. I think as I am on my third S9500 and have done so much pixel peeping, I can recognise an unprocessed shot taken in Auto or Program mode. This isn't a negative thing as I think it's a great versatile camera that competes well with the lower end DSLR's

This camera really eats up regular batteries rather fast. I find they usually run out at the most crucial of moments too.

Took me a while to suss out what you meant initially.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 8:26 AM   #5

In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:
I think it must be when the camera chooses too high an ISO (in my opinion) giving a certain look to the images, especially in low light conditions. The S9500 is also well known for its soft appearing images. Apparently Fuji's intention so as to give more flexibility for post processing. I think as I am on my third S9500 and have done so much pixel peeping, I can recognise an unprocessed shot taken in Auto or Program mode. This isn't a negative thing as I think it's a great versatile camera that competes well with the lower end DSLR's

This camera really eats up regular batteries rather fast. I find they usually run out at the most crucial of moments too.

Took me a while to suss out what you meant initially.

[align=left]I have often found the same. Whenever the camera is left to choose, it settles on a high ISO. I'm sure Fuji had their reasons, but it can be annoying.

I knew about the softness issue before buying the camera, I figured that if it was required it would be a small enough thing to do some PP. Over all I'm still enjoying the S9500. Luckily I haven't had any issues so far. Crappy cold and dark weather aside!

As for the batteries, generally not much of a problem as I tend to have a few spares around. Apart from the day I finally got out and about of course…

[/align]