Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 22, 2006, 2:00 PM   #1

Below is a greatly reduced pano from a recent trip to the UK. If I recall correctly, there were 6 shots that were stitched together to make this one. Pretty weird day as far as lighting was concerned. Looks like I really messed with it, but didn't. Any comments are welcome. BTW, full size is 8962 x 1983 pixels.
Attached Images

hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:04 PM   #2

Great effort again.I think it it would have been even better without that overcast sky. Continue posting. Regards. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:43 AM   #3

yep theres not much happening to the left of tower bridge, Id have stuck with that as the main focus
audioedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 6:25 AM   #4

Hi,

I like the waterfront down by Tower Bridge - it has my favourite building - the swiss bank (looks like a rocket from a bugs bunny cartoon!). However it would have been nice to get HMS Belfast and the bridge in the shot - i think that would make for a nice pano...

Jaki? Obviously never been to london - that overcast sky is probqably 99% smog and is with us most of the year! lol

Dom

p.s. no comment from pano queen yet?
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:42 PM   #5

I like this pano. You need to play around in panorama factory with making the far bank straight, as it's a little bowed.

Other than that, Nice!

Best,

-Ben
oBSidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:54 PM   #6

Dom, I was in London in September 2005. All the while I was here the sky had this grayiness that in my opinion ruined all my pictures. I thought it was the most terrible sky I have ever been under.

But for the first time I understand why my photos were ruined. I never had the sense to ask then. Thanks Dom for the information.. Regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:39 AM   #7

Hi all!

I think the panorama is quite a good one considering the conditions. Though I'm with Dom, would've like to see more interesting things (e.g. HMS Belfast) in it too, or another focal point just apart from Tower Bridge.

I lived in London for 6 years and yes, the sky is pretty depressing and not very kind for photography a lot of the time. Romania where I live nowhas colder weather in winter (but warmer in summer) but it's still got more blue sky in winter. As an Australian of course I'm biased, and even the "cloudiest state" (Tasmania) where I grew up gets a lot more sun and warmth than the warmest part of the UK!

I remember a young woman from Luton who went to South Africa for a visit (her first time there, she hadn't been much outside Britain before) and when she came back to UK she said: "I can't understand why people would ever like to live in England now, or why so many South Africans move to London. It's so depressingly cold and grey here in UK. I never realised how big a difference the sun makes to put a smile on your face. Now I can understand why many foreigners (non-UK born people) say we Brits are quite a sad looking lot"! (they are her words not mine!)

Still I love London and UK for many reasons (despite it's greyness) and of course overcast skies do bring a different photo theme and challenge, as do bright sunny skies in their own rights.

Ok, that's enough of my 2 cents worth (or have I stretched it to 3 cents?!) Thanks again for the pano hayden

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:41 AM   #8

whoops, it accidentally double posted when I had some internet connection problems... sorry folks
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote