Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:32 AM   #1

Hi guys,

Below is one of the results from my first expeditions with my d50. I'm new to dslr photography and this forum so go easy! :-)

From looking at the image I can see that the sky is slightly over exposed, I did try and fix this in PS but kep losing some of the colour of the image. Any commentson theshot in general and how tofix the over exposed sky would begreatly appreciated!!

Attached Images

longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:21 AM   #2

Id worry more about the underexposed rest of the shot! (unless its my monitor Im at work here).Also those over hanging branches dont really add to the shot, they kinda take attention away from the house.

Its framed quite nicely though, and it looks like you have some good scenary to work with, keep snapping and posting on here.... Welcome to the boards!
audioedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:28 AM   #3

ha ha ha! And I thought just the sky was overexposed! Audioedge, i value your comment and will probably remember it for the rest of my life!:lol:got start somewhere though!

Like I said I'm new to photography and am learning from the very beginning, reading books on photography etc but more importantly just tying to get out and snap!

I know this is in the wrong forum but would someone have a quick edit to compenstae for the underexposure, that way i have an idea as to what the image should really look like.

many thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 9:41 AM   #4

Hi Longside, and welcome.

I like the composition of this shot, but have to agree with Audioedge that the branches distract from the house.

Here is a quick and dirty edit. I adjusted levels and shadow/highlights then knocked out some of the yellow cast with the saturation tool. andthen used a little unsharpmask. (It is still a bit yellow but I didn't have time to work more on it.)

Hope I was able to help a bit.

Keep shooting and keep posting

Mugmar

Attached Images

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:02 AM   #5

Many thanks Mugmar, your edit really does make a difference!
Old Mar 25, 2006, 6:21 AM   #6

my take on edit. did this on my laptop if its hideous on my main comp i wil do again on calibrated screen

just tried to keep the sky from blowin out

ken
Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote